Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newborn in USA for Indian Parents - Clarification Requested

Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen staying in NY in H1 B visa along with my spouse (H4).
    We are expecting our 1st baby in Feb 2017 in USA and we are having few questions on our newborn baby's citizenship. Please guide -

1) If I apply US PP and PIO card for my kid, he/she can travel to India any point of time but if he/she wants to renounce his/her US PP after 18yrs age and wants to avail Indian PP, whether he/she can return to US with any student/work visa (e.g. in F1, H1 or L1)?

2) If I apply US PP and PIO card for my kid, he/she can travel to India any point of time but whether the cost of studying in India is a big difference than normal Indian kids? Also, whether he/she can apply for any bank loan etc. there?

3) If I apply Indian PP for my kid, whether he/she can come back with me in the US with H4 visa later? Whether USCIS would issue him/her a H4 visa as he’s/she's having Indian PP though was born in USA? Also after 18 years of his/her age whether he/she can return to US with any student/work visa (e.g. in F1, H1 or L1)?

4) If I get Green Card where my kid is having Indian PP whether he/she can stay with me in USA and later he/she can avail F1, H1 or L1 visa?

Regards,
    Aritra

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X