Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disorderly Conduct offense - Applying for Naturalization. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorderly Conduct offense - Applying for Naturalization. Please help!

I have a shoplifting offense committed in the town of Rockaway, New Jersey that is considered as a disorderly conduct due to the amount of the theft (~$80). The event happened in August 2013. My green card expires on June 2017 and I am looking to apply for my citizenship this year. Aside from this, my record is clean. I have been shopping around for lawyers for the past month and unfortunately, found it way too out of my range From the research I've done and consultations with a few lawyers, I've gathered the following materials to add with my application:
    1. A copy of the statute that dictates that my offense was a disorderly conduct - hence is not a question of moral turpitude
    2. Reference letters from both personal and professional relationships

I am wondering if I can move forward with this application on my own or if I should try to gather some money to get a good lawyer. Has anyone here had any experiences similar to mine or know of an instance where a person did not use a lawyer and still passed their application process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think if you can demonstrate that the case is closed on disorderly conduct, you don't need a lawyer to file and process your case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X