Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing address for Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION (special case)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing address for Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION (special case)

Hello everyone.
    I think I am in a very specific situation about the Application for Naturalization process. Here is the timeline for a better understanding:
    The N-400 was received on 10/05/2016
    Finger print was scheduled and done on 11/02/2016
    On 02/13/2017 I received an email with the following:
    “On February 13, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. We will send you an interview notice…”

When I filed the application I was living in North Florid and it would be handled by the Jacksonville, FL office. On February 13th, I moved to North Virginia for a job. However, I do not know how long I will have this job or how long I will stay here. I anticipate to move to Florida soon, so I am keeping all my Florida documents

I read about the USIS's address change rule and I understand the legal implications it may have. I would prefer not change the address, because I think it will delay my application and I might have to change it back if I move back very soon.

Based on what you read above, do you think I should change the address?
    Can I just change the mailing address but keep the processing center the one I have? Is there a process for doing that?
    What do you suggest I do?
    Do you think I should talk and explain my case to an immigration officer?

Thanks,
    Visi

i moved to another state but still got my interview at my old address

hi I have the same situation

i filled my n 400 in 08/2016 and did my bio metrics in 09/2016 and i had to move to a different state due to my sons illness in 11/2016 and i changed my address with uscis and now i got my interview for 03/2017 at my old address. i don't want to reschedule my interview and i talked to tier 2 officer over the phone and told him that i want to keep my interview and he said its ok. anyone with the same situation please tell me if there is any risk that the officer will not process my application? thank you

Comment

Hello
      In your place I would not change my address I would keep everything the same till I get my Naturalization process done, if you can still receive the letters from your old mail box, if not do a change address to a friend of family living in the same city (I did a change of address and I went very well), but for a different state I would not risk more delays.. it is just an opinion!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X