Naturalization taking too long in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization taking too long in New York

I live in New York City, I mailed my N-400 in November 28th, and got my fingerprint done in January 13th. As of today, it has been almost 4 months, and I still haven't received my interview notice. When I check my case status online, it keeps saying "we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice".
    Does it normally take that long in New York?

It's averaging 9-12 months now in most States

Comment

n400 in nyc

i submitted my case under the 90 days rule.

Case received - 1/20/2017
      fingerprint was done - 2/14/2017
      updated to "Case in in line for an interview" - 3/10/2017

i dont think the interview will be scheduled soon tho coz ive seen people waiting for 7-8 months.
      some people dont even get updates between case received to scheduled interview. dont worry too much.

Comment

N-400

I have finger printed January 23. Until now i dont have any news on my n400 case. I'm applying 5 yrs base.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackieashita View Post

i dont think the interview will be scheduled soon tho coz ive seen people waiting for 7-8 months.
          some people dont even get updates between case received to scheduled interview. dont worry too much.
          let me know when you get your interview notice

Comment

Dont rush and just relax and wait. I applied on july i had my interview on march 8. So u have atleast a couple or more months to go. Good luck

Comment

applied Sep. 27/2016. fingerprints done 10/31/2016. Since then, nothing. Waiting on my interview. it's been 6 months now.

Comment

Hey guys, it's been 3 month from fingerprints, no interview so far

Comment

N400 November Dallas TX

i am Dallas Tx sent N400 Nov 20 finger print Dec 30 from Jan 5th status " INLINE WAITING FOR INTERVIEW" still interview date not scheule 3month gone by

Originally posted by Jackieashita View Post

Comment

N400 nyc

Just want to post my timeline for NYC.

12.2.16 - Application mailed (Fedex priority)
                    12.6.16 - We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
                    12.19.16 - We scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment.
                    1.6.16 - Biometrics appointment.
                    1.30.16 - Case status changed to in line for an interview. I was checking every week, for the next update.
                    4.19.17 - Status changed to interview has been scheduled, the notice will be mailed. (It happened today, so as soon as I get the notice I'll update this post)

Good luck everyone.

A.

Comment

Timeline for those filed in May 2016 fir NYC field office

hi, my PD will come up soon later this month. I would like to know if there are people who filed around May last year with New York City firld office (Manhattan residents). if so, what are your timeline? I'd like to plan for my trip overseas either in December or January and wonder if the interview schedule will fall around these months. Please share your experience. really appreciated.

Comment

N400 nyc

Just an update from my last post

This is my timeline for NYC office

I hope this helps to those that are still waiting

Dec 2nd, 2016 N400 sent to TX office Fedex Priority
                        Dec 6th, 2016 Check Was cashed letter of acceptance was mailed
                        Dec 19th, 2016 online status changed to We Scheduled Your fingerprint appointment
                        Dec 21th, 2016 letter was received
                        Jan 6th, 2017 Fingerprints appointment
                        Jan 30th, 2017 We are scheduling your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , for an interview.
                        April 19th, 2017 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
                        April 21st or 22nd, 2017 Letter with the interview date was recieved.
                        May 24th, 2017 Interview day
                        May 30th, 2017 Online status changed to we are putting you inline for an Oath Ceremony
                        June 2nd, 2017 Notice Ceremony was mailed. So now I'm waiting.

Will post the date for an oath ceremony.

I hope this helps and good luck

A.

Originally posted by at1985 View Post
                        Just want to post my timeline for NYC.

12.2.16 - Application mailed (Fedex priority)
                        12.6.16 - We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
                        12.19.16 - We scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment.
                        1.6.17 - Biometrics appointment.
                        1.30.17 - Case status changed to in line for an interview. I was checking every week, for the next update.
                        4.19.17 - Status changed to interview has been scheduled, the notice will be mailed. (It happened today, so as soon as I get the notice I'll update this post)

Good luck everyone.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by at1985 View Post
                          Just an update from my last post

This is my timeline for NYC office

I hope this helps to those that are still waiting

Dec 2nd, 2016 N400 sent to TX office Fedex Priority
                          Dec 6th, 2016 Check Was cashed letter of acceptance was mailed
                          Dec 19th, 2016 online status changed to We Scheduled Your fingerprint appointment
                          Dec 21th, 2016 letter was received
                          Jan 6th, 2017 Fingerprints appointment
                          Jan 30th, 2017 We are scheduling your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , for an interview.
                          April 19th, 2017 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
                          April 21st or 22nd, 2017 Letter with the interview date was recieved.
                          May 24th, 2017 Interview day
                          May 30th, 2017 Online status changed to we are putting you inline for an Oath Ceremony
                          June 2nd, 2017 Notice Ceremony was mailed. So now I'm waiting.

Will post the date for an oath ceremony.

I hope this helps and good luck

A.
                          my online status says "On May 31, 2017, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*007365237. We will mail you an interview notice." so far it has been 7 days but I have not received any letter yet. I called USCIS today and the person i spoke to said she doesnt see the date yet. she said the status will change again when they mail out the interview letter. Does that make sense? If i dont get the letter in a week is there any way i can go to infopass and have them print out the letter for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Rondee View Post
                            let me know when you get your interview notice
                            I got the "On May 31, 2017, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*007365237. We will mail you an interview notice." but so far i have not received any letter yet tho. I called them today the woman i spoke to said they probably have not mailed out the letter yet because she doesnt see the date of the interview and she said the status will change if they mailed out the interview letter. Did you get your interview yet?

Jack

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X