Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child USCIS appointment and Passport

Hello,

My wife and I became US Citizens few weeks ago and applied for my Sons citizenship certificate( N-600). We have a planned international trip on this 31st and contacted US passport agency(LA) to get expedite passport for my son.
    The passport appointment is scheduled to 22nd at 8 AM and at the same time I received a letter from USCIS that his N-600 is approved and Oath Ceremony is scheduled on 22nd at 3 PM. so Basically passport appointment and citizenship appointment fall on the same day. Here are the concerns I have about this situation. Did someone experience same situation or any advice much appreciated

1. I just cannot go to USCIS and hand over the green card since I have to travel in 7 days ( that is why I applied for his passport)

2. Does the passport Agency keep my kids Green card with them. if so I think they will give me some kind of a document so I can provide that to USCIS. (USCIS is asking for the original Greencard during oath ceremony)

3. I hope Passport Agency will issue me a passport before 31st. I explained them the situation when I make the appointment with them. if they did not issue the passport on time and keep the greencard with them I will be in big trouble with travelling.

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X