Delay in N-400 processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in N-400 processing

My wife and I applied for Naturalization at the same time (N-400 received by USCIS on 26 Sept, 2016). We had our biometrics done in November 1st week. My wife's application progressed well and she became a citizen in February 2017. However, status of my application has not changed at all after my biometrics. Here is some background about my application:

I am from India. Over 17 years ago my ex-wife had made a false 498a (dowry harassment) complaint against me in India. I was detained by the police for questioning and found that the complaint had no basis and released me without filing a First Information Report. I have reveled this information in my N-400 application. Would this have a bearing on the delay in processing my application? Is anyone on this forum in a similar situation?

I have found a new job for which we will be moving in June. I was hoping that I would be a citizen by then. Looks like it might go beyond that time.

I took an infopass to my local USCIS office (Baltimore). The officer there told me that my application is still within the normal processing time and they have not received my file in their office. When I pointed out that my wife has already become a citizen while my application is stuck after my biometrics, she simply laughed and said "you have a very lucky wife. When I told the officer that we will be moving in June, she said that can delay processing of my application significantly.

I am wondering if after we move is it OK not to inform USCIS about our address change? I will be requesting the post office to forward our mail to our new address. When the interview time comes I can fly and complete interview and oath taking. Would this be OK?

Is there anything I can do if processing of my application gets delayed further?

Thanks in advance to everyone for your advice/comments.

Hi,
    i may be asking a dumb question, without an FIR or Charges why did you state police detention part to USCIS ? its pretty basic call for police to investigate people upon a complaint before FIR

Originally posted by muraliy View Post
    My wife and I applied for Naturalization at the same time (N-400 received by USCIS on 26 Sept, 2016). We had our biometrics done in November 1st week. My wife's application progressed well and she became a citizen in February 2017. However, status of my application has not changed at all after my biometrics. Here is some background about my application:

I am from India. Over 17 years ago my ex-wife had made a false 498a (dowry harassment) complaint against me in India. I was detained by the police for questioning and found that the complaint had no basis and released me without filing a First Information Report. I have reveled this information in my N-400 application. Would this have a bearing on the delay in processing my application? Is anyone on this forum in a similar situation?

I have found a new job for which we will be moving in June. I was hoping that I would be a citizen by then. Looks like it might go beyond that time.

I took an infopass to my local USCIS office (Baltimore). The officer there told me that my application is still within the normal processing time and they have not received my file in their office. When I pointed out that my wife has already become a citizen while my application is stuck after my biometrics, she simply laughed and said "you have a very lucky wife. When I told the officer that we will be moving in June, she said that can delay processing of my application significantly.

I am wondering if after we move is it OK not to inform USCIS about our address change? I will be requesting the post office to forward our mail to our new address. When the interview time comes I can fly and complete interview and oath taking. Would this be OK?

Is there anything I can do if processing of my application gets delayed further?

Thanks in advance to everyone for your advice/comments.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X