Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 - Employment information for contractors

Hi -

Have decided to fill up the N400 form myself since its really not too complicated instead of paying $500-700 processing fee to the lawyer.

However, there is 2 things which I need clarification for and would appreciate help on.

1) I have been employed by non-US company who has offices in US which used to run my pay stubs.
    However, while working I was deputed to client locations which was different than employer location.
    Which address should I fill in Part 8 - "Information About your Employment section", the client address or employer (W2) address.

2) While switching jobs, I took a break of a month before joining my new job. Do I have to mark that period as being unemployed?

Thanks in Advance!

I have filed for N400 after consulting with my lawyer. In case someone has similar questions :

1) Employer name would be that of the company hiring you and location should be client location; not the company's address in W2

2) Depends on when you got your offer letter. But it's more clear if you mentioned that period as Unemployed, to avoid any confusion later

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X