Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling Outside/Interview Was Scheduled/No Letter - Urgent Help Requested

Hello There,

I had applied N-400 end of January 2017. Got my biometric completed by March 1st. Recently the status of my application changed on MyUSCIS Website:

Interview Was Scheduled. On May 15, 2017, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC* YYYY YYYY X. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

However today is May 19th and I haven't received any letter from USCIS. I am traveling internationally next Wednesday and want to find out the following:

1. How long does it typically take between the status change to "Interview was scheduled" to me receiving the letter with the actual date?

2. How far out is the interview date? I'd be traveling May 25th-June 9th and wondering if the interview typically is within a couple of weeks of status changing?

3. How long does it take if the interview date happens to be during the time I am traveling and I asked for rescheduling the appointment?

Should I cancel my travel without knowing what the actual date is? How long do I wait?

Thank you so much for your urgent help.

Madhoopster

Do not reschedule your interview!!!

Hello,
    Usually when the status changes online you should receive your appointment letter within 7 business days(2weeks) at most.
    My sister was in the same situation and she wrote to the USCIS and ask them to reschedule her interview. She flew abroad and came back a month later.
    She received a letter from the USCIS stating that they received her demand to reschedule her interview, they said that she was on line to be rescheduled.
    The USCIS took 1 year 5 month to send her another interview letter.
    So if you don't mind getting another interview in 2019, you can ask them to reschedule your interview. You will probably be reschedule for March 2019.
    If I was in your situation, I will wait till 2 days before my flight, if I still don't have the interview letter, I will cancel my flight.
    Usually the interview is 2-5 weeks from the day you receive the letter.

Comment

Thank you

This is good advise. I won't reschedule the interview.

My trip is 2 trips back to back. Knowing the date will help me reschedule the one that overlaps with the interview date. My first trip ends in 2 weeks from today June 2nd. Second trip is local and takes the next week June 9.

If it takes 2 weeks from when I receive the letter and let's hypothetically say May 22nd is when I get the letter, can the interview be scheduled for the week of May 27th? Or do they give 2 weeks from the letter to sort things out?

Because in 2 weeks I'd be done with my first trip and I haven't even received the letter.

Unfortunately not knowing the actual date or when I'd get the letter makes replanning hard.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X