Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed citizenship test/interview but no decision due to expired finger prints.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed citizenship test/interview but no decision due to expired finger prints.

Hi, I've a very long pending N400 naturalization case, applied Feb'2015. Yesterday, I was called for the interview, I passed the citizenship test/interview but I was told by the IO that decision cannot be made as my finger prints have expired, and she has to re-run them. She seemed very nice and said since the last finger print were done in March 2015, it needs to be re-run to ensure I'm not being arrested or anything.

My concern, they just went through the process of clearing out my security check, would this trigger the same process again. Can anyone provide guidance on what the finger print process does, and if name check process could begin all over again?

Here is my case history.

N400 filed: Feb 2015
    Finger printing: March 2015
    Interview notice: Dec 2015
    Interview day: Jan 2016> when i went to the local field office, i was told they don't have a file for me and will contact again

Feb2016 - June2017> I had numerous infopass, field service call, ombudsman case, senator, congressman contact to resolve this, but nothing happened. I was told to wait, as case is under security review.

Last week> got a call from the IO in local field office to come for interview as they now have the file about me.

As you can see this has been a very painful journey and I worry that I may go back to square because of this new check. I've never been arrested. My last traffic ticket was 3 years ago.

Any guidance here?

thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X