N-400 update !!!A MUST READ!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 update !!!A MUST READ!!!

So to get some more background read my other posts.
    I submitted my application in October and it was received on OCTOBER 30, 2017.
    just a brief summary of what happened. I submitted my N400 before realizing i did not meet the continuous residence requirement. I was told mostly to wait it out and see what happens. I have mad the green card for over five years but i took a break of one year during those five years.

I moved to the US in January of 2015. Applying in October ensure i met the physical requirement (30 Months) but not the continuous residence which i found out after applying.

So fast forward.
    Application Received on OCTOBER 30, 2017.
    Finger Print - NOVEMBER 22, 2017.

And now
    Interview is schedule for FEB 5, 2018.
    (est date was December 2018!!)
    My office is the Hialeah office in Florida.
    Now i know every one takes a long time but mine is speeding up very fast and i think for the wrong reasons.

What do you guys think based on the dates and time frame? Do you think its just to tell me i am not eligible? or just a regular date and see what happens?

Thanks.

Continuous residence

Your guess is as good as ours. If you don't meet the continuous residence rule, they will probably say that "you have been denied because......" or "a decision can not be made yet because....."

You can call the office and ask the employees "What happens now?" You may have lost your filing fees, etc. and may have to reapply. Just ask.

They are very serious about the continuous residence rule, especially about any trips or actual moves to other countries that last over 6 months, which yours did.

I was nervous about one student who was gone for a year, but luckily she was married to a U.S. citizen and one of her long trips got removed because 3 years of trips were evaluated rather than 5.

If you claim that you were still here but visiting the other country, you have to prove that you maintained your residence here.

It is also up to the officer and their interpretation of the rules.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X