How long does the oath ceremony take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does the oath ceremony take?

I'm scheduled for my oath ceremony in Oakland, CA tomorrow. However, my employer is giving me a hard time over this. I had to call in sick last week already and I don't want this to be a cause for contention.

To be on the safe side, do you know how much time will it take? I think I can spare two hours.

Depends on how busy your office is and how many oath takers are there, but if you arent changing your name or something should last longer than 1 hour.

Comment

Originally posted by amadorusa View Post
      I'm scheduled for my oath ceremony in Oakland, CA tomorrow. However, my employer is giving me a hard time over this. I had to call in sick last week already and I don't want this to be a cause for contention.

To be on the safe side, do you know how much time will it take? I think I can spare two hours.
      Take the day off. You're a citizen now. No one gets to push you around anymore like that. Tell your boss you would like the day off. It's a big deal. Tons of people. Great energy. Sure, the novelty will fade away eventually, but you at least want to get the high of all those people being sworn in without having to think of getting back to your boss.
      Screw him.

*I realize this is an old post but my answer is for anyone in this situation.

Comment

Mine took about an hour for the ceremony.

Originally posted by amadorusa View Post

My field office is in Denver and took about an 1hr and 30 mins. 1 hr just for the ceremony and distribution of certificate itself and good 30 mins to get to the line and be seated. Of course there were only 56 of us that's why it was quick. But then again, it depends on how busy you're place is. I would recommend taking a half day off from your work.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X