Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to file N400 earliest

Hi,

I am completing 5 years of GC on Oct 4th, 2018. Can anyone please suggest when earliest I can submit N400?

Also, my son, 20years old, has just send registration form for Selective Services a month back. We haven't got any response from them yet. Does my son need to have the registration completed before he can submit N400?

Thanks for the help in advance.

MKHH

You can file 90 calendar days before your anniversary.

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

The information in this part ONLY relates to your time as a lawful permanent resident if you file under Section 319(a

above calculator shows it as 07/06/2018

When you go to file N400 online, there is also a section to determine if you are eligible before they start and they ask several questions about your parents citizenship etc as well (not sure why) but at the end it will also tell you what is the earliest date you can file.

Comment

Originally posted by mkhh View Post
      Hi,

I am completing 5 years of GC on Oct 4th, 2018. Can anyone please suggest when earliest I can submit N400?

Also, my son, 20years old, has just send registration form for Selective Services a month back. We haven't got any response from them yet. Does my son need to have the registration completed before he can submit N400?

Thanks for the help in advance.

MKHH
      If your son needs to show proof of registration with selective services before his Registration Acknowledgement Card arrives in the mail, then he can go online and print an Online Letter of Verification.

This is the main website to Selective Services. https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Proof-of-Registration. Once on the website, scroll down to "How to Get a Letter of Verification ONLINE". Then click on "VERIFY NOW". Then he will enter his information and the system will check for his registration. If his registration is verified, then at this point he'll get the option to print the letter of verification. You will see "Print letter" in blue.

Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks folks for the quick response. I was able to get the selective services registration letter from the link. Now N400 form is being filled with details.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by mkhh View Post
          Thanks folks for the quick response. I was able to get the selective services registration letter from the link. Now N400 form is being filled with details.

Regards.
          Fantastic! You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioz View Post
            You can file 90 calendar days before your anniversary.

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

The information in this part ONLY relates to your time as a lawful permanent resident if you file under Section 319(a

above calculator shows it as 07/06/2018

When you go to file N400 online, there is also a section to determine if you are eligible before they start and they ask several questions about your parents citizenship etc as well (not sure why) but at the end it will also tell you what is the earliest date you can file.
            Also, your English needs to be fairly good. I have had students who have been denied citizenship due to their lack of English speaking skills. It is easier if you speak English.
            All of your information on the N-400 application needs to be memorized or at least very familiar with.
            N-400 application pages 11 though 16 are somewhat difficult. Many think they are easy, just say yes, yes, yes, or no, no. no. Sometimes they ask the meanings questions. For example: Have you ever been arrested? No. What does the word "arrested" mean?
            Have you ever committed genocide? No. What does genocide mean? If you can't answer the questions, you may fail that part of the exam. Memorize the 100 History questions as well.
            I had an English speaking college student fail the History portion simply because she did not study. She could speak English, read and write. She had to return to the USCIS office two months later to retake the History part.

Try to take a community class. They are free. Check in with your local adult schools or churches.
            Last edited by suziq38; 04-07-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X