Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Oath Ceremony

Hi all!

I just received my interview day which is May 30th, 2018. Does anyone know what are the dates for the Oath ceremony in June, 2018 for Los Angeles applicants? I was able to find only the schedule for LACC and the next one after my interview is only on July 25th. I checked previous years and and seems like that this location doesn?t hold naturalization ceremony in June. I?m going on a trip and wanted to get my passport before I leave. I didn?t expect to have the interview scheduled so soon. Also does anyone know if LACC is the only location? I heard ceremonies can be held also in Pasadena convention center, Ontario, Anaheim..If I am an applicant from LA county, can my ceremony be scheduled at one of these locations? I want to ask the officer at the interview to schedule the ceremony earlier, if possible. Fingered crossed of course that I?ll get approved!

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Lina7700 View Post
    Hi all!

I just received my interview day which is May 30th, 2018. Does anyone know what are the dates for the Oath ceremony in June, 2018 for Los Angeles applicants? I was able to find only the schedule for LACC and the next one after my interview is only on July 25th. I checked previous years and and seems like that this location doesn?t hold naturalization ceremony in June. I?m going on a trip and wanted to get my passport before I leave. I didn?t expect to have the interview scheduled so soon. Also does anyone know if LACC is the only location? I heard ceremonies can be held also in Pasadena convention center, Ontario, Anaheim..If I am an applicant from LA county, can my ceremony be scheduled at one of these locations? I want to ask the officer at the interview to schedule the ceremony earlier, if possible. Fingered crossed of course that I?ll get approved!

Thanks!!!

I would call USCIS in Los Angeles for an answer to your question. I am not sure that they can change it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I tell my students NOT to pan any trips a few months before or a few months after their anticipated Citizenship interview for this very reason. Hard to be in "limbo," but it is all a waiting "game." If they do not allow you to change the date, I would not leave until I went to the oath ceremony. Good luck, and let us know what happens. We need to learn.

Comment

LACC, Ontario Convention Center, Pasadena Convention Center, and City National Grove of Anaheim

Looking at a naturalization tracker, everyone in LA who's not changing their name seems to be taking the oath within 1 month from the interview.
      Last edited by 001kja; 05-01-2018, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Oath Ceremony LA

Originally posted by Lina7700 View Post
        Hi all!

Thanks!!!

I was wondering the same. My Interview is scheduled on May 31st, 2018 in LA. I was researching the date for ceremony in LA in June and couldn't find any dates. I can find July date which is on the 25th. I do have a trip scheduled in June to europe and I am afraid they will be ceremony in June!

Comment

Originally posted by suziq38 View Post
          I would call USCIS in Los Angeles for an answer to your question. I am not sure that they can change it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I tell my students NOT to pan any trips a few months before or a few months after their anticipated Citizenship interview for this very reason. Hard to be in "limbo," but it is all a waiting "game." If they do not allow you to change the date, I would not leave until I went to the oath ceremony. Good luck, and let us know what happens. We need to learn.
          Thanks for your advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by eliomd View Post
          I was wondering the same. My Interview is scheduled on May 31st, 2018 in LA. I was researching the date for ceremony in LA in June and couldn't find any dates. I can find July date which is on the 25th. I do have a trip scheduled in June to europe and I am afraid they will be ceremony in June!
          United States District Court Oath Ceremony is now scheduled on June 20th. I found it here: http://calendar.pasadenacenter.com/c...c=MASTERCALEND

Comment

Originally posted by 001kja View Post
            LACC, Ontario Convention Center, Pasadena Convention Center, and City National Grove of Anaheim

Looking at a naturalization tracker, everyone in LA who's not changing their name seems to be taking the oath within 1 month from the interview.

Thank you for listing these locations! I found United States District Court Oath Ceremony at Pasadena Convention Center on June 20th. I did request to change the name though and court ceremony is exactly what I need. I know that when you request a name change (i'm correcting one letter in my first name) it has to be done by the court. My USCIS office is in LA (300 North Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012) and my interview is also there. Do you kbow if i'm good to attend the court ceremony in Pasadena or it has to be in LACC?

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Naturalization ceremony date in June

Hi all,
              My citizenship interview is scheduled tomorrow 5/31 in LA. I filed in LA County.
              there are 3 different dates for the ceremony in June in 3 different locations ( Ontario on the 12th, Pasadena on the 20th, and Anaheim on the 21st) and no ceremony is scheduled in LA Convention center in June.
              can I ask the officer tomorrow during my interview if I can chose the location and date? I prefer Ontario's date as I have a trip scheduled to europe during the other 2 dates.
              appreciate any inputs and good luck to everyone.

Comment

Curious about your timelines for LA County field office? Did it match the 'estimated wait time' in the online system? Currently I am at "We reviewed your biometrics. You do not need to do anything at this time" status and it shows estimated wait time 10 months. How long did it for status to change to 'in line for interview' after bio?

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioz View Post
                  Curious about your timelines for LA County field office? Did it match the 'estimated wait time' in the online system? Currently I am at "We reviewed your biometrics. You do not need to do anything at this time" status and it shows estimated wait time 10 months. How long did it for status to change to 'in line for interview' after bio?

I filed in August 2017, got the bio exactly one month later in Sept. My online case was saying " we received your application" since I filed and just got updated straight into " interview scheduled" in May! So the online case status update did not change since I filed.

Comment

Thanks for the info, did you file it online? Were you checking the uscis case status website or the ELIS website? Also, did you file/do bio before your 5 year mark (or 3 year mark if you filed under that)?

The time lines up with what I see in the ELIS website which shows "Estimated wait time" as "9 months" in the case status window and shows "Estimated case completion time" as "April 2019 (10 months)". I think generally the website times are conservative and people usually got done earlier, so I hope that is the case.

-------------------------------------
                    03/25/2018: Application received
                    03/31/2018: Bio-metric scheduled
                    04/16/2018: Bio metric done
                    06/06/2018: GC 5 year anniversary

Comment

I filed paper application.
                      I used the app Case Tracker on my phone, you save your case number and refresh it anytime.
                      I filed exactly 3 months before my 5 years, got the bio interview one month after filing.
                      Application received 8/18/17
                      Bio interview done on 9/14/17
                      Interview done on 5/31/18

Comment

Thanks. I found the below link which might be helpful for others looking for Oath Ceremony dates.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X