Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it takes for Social Security Administration to update my citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it takes for Social Security Administration to update my citizenship

Hi, I attended my naturalization ceremony on April 13th, 2018. I went to the SSA (Social Security Administration) to update my status ABOUT a week after the ceremony. At that time, they told me that my citizenship status couldn't be electronically verified, most likely because I went to SSA too early, so USCIS hasn't update the database yet. So they made copies of my certificate, and told me they would try again later and mail me once my citizenship status is updated. I waited for a nearly a month, but no mail ever came. So I went to the SSA again today morning, and discovered that they are still waiting for the electronic verification of my citizenship. They submitted a second request to USCIS two days ago. Does anyone have similar experience as me? Did anyone have to wait an extended period of time for SSA to update your citizenship status after naturalization? What are causing the hold up?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X