NEW YORK CITY citizenship process 2018 EXACTLY 6 months - I AM FROM QUEENS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW YORK CITY citizenship process 2018 EXACTLY 6 months - I AM FROM QUEENS

I was so mentally prepared for at least one year wait, I am astonished and pleasantly surprised how fast it went.

I applied on line, uploaded the documents, I cannot be 100% sure, but it seems it gets you ahead of others that
    file physical papers.

papers increases the chance of getting lost misplaced etc, which nothing knew anywhere. If you walk into governmental buildings you will notice that people handling papers are like anywhere else, they are no special super humans, they lose, forget, drop, misplace etc..

When you do on line, the IO will upload the results of your interview right there on the spot, it all goes to your electronic files, even if the physical paper gets lost it won?t be an issue. However, if you apply on paper the same is not true, at least for now they do not upload as your case file is placed in folders only.

10 days before applying to citizenship I had filed for a greencard replacement, it took 4 months just for the biometric x one month citizenship, I still don?t have my renewed greencard, In hindsight I wish I had not paid to renew my greencard, the likelihood is I will receive After I have my AMerican passport in my hands.

By the way I opted to change my name entirely, which I never liked anyway, two major awesome things I did for the price of one, a bargain considering how both are really very positive changes in my life. Since some people seem to believe it delays the oath ceremony as it has to be before a judge, if it did delay, it seems that it was not for more than a week, which is better than having to pay $1000 to $1500 + the extra hassles of additional paper work or dealing with lawyers.

If you apply on line, you don?t have to wait in the mail to learn the date of the oath ceremony, in my case they uploaded the letter on line within 24 hours, but the letter is mailed to you anyway, you get both.

Another thing that is good to point out, at the oath ceremony you can apply for your passport and passport card which is like an ID which is valid to travel to Mexico, Canada and Bermudas or some other Caribbean island, look it up I forgot.
    I believe is worth doing there, in NYC is a nightmare dealing with post office which a the major places where applications are accepted, you have to schedule by phone and of course they never answer the phone and the window to call is only a few short hours of the day, not worth.

If you apply at the oath ceremony, bring photos, the forms already filled out (don?t sign, the signing has to be done on the spot), bring money for the passaport, passport card and the postage to be mailed back to you, talking about close to $200 card is $60 passport $110

You can also register to vote

Isn?t all this so practical? Not even native citizens usually have these commodities at their disposal.

Of course, someone may have bad experience here in there, some might be due to their own fault, some may not, it is unfortunate it happens everywhere, at first I was somewhat intimidated by the process, I read too much into people?s irrational fear even when they were just especulating, for the purpose of citizenship I take my hat off ....the UCISS was very efficient.

Not long ago I read here in the forum a guy concerned expressing his anxiety about how long would take for the oath ceremony to be scheduled as he wanted to travel to his country because it was at war....and he bashed how unimportant it was the oath ceremony was.....

Really? hellooo.....i wished I knew who this person was, that?s the kind person that does not deserve any chance of leaving the hole where he came from, He should had been reported to the immigration for lying to obtain citizenship, he did not give up loyalty to other countries as he sworn. Nobody expect people to bash the country where they were born or start hating it just because became citizen elsewhere, but have some respect for the system that accommodated you and all it ask in return is 3 hours of your time for a cerimoney, way less time that he may spend on ******** adding nothing to the world.

July 24 20018 Oath ceremony
    May 31, 2018 We approved your application
    May 31, 2018 You attended your interview
    April 23, 2018 We scheduled your interview
    February 16, 2018 We reviewed your biometrics
    January 27, 2018 We scheduled your biometrics appointment
    January 23, 2018 We received your application

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...