Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms to apply Citizenship for Child under 18 for Non Citizen Parent

Hi,
    My kid was born in india when i am on H1B Visa. now we all are on GC and planning to apply for Citizenship. I am not sure what forms i should be using for my child as she is only 7 years now and N-400 is only for above 18 years.i didn't find proper informtion on this particular topic where parent is Non uS Citizen at the time of Birth outside the country. I am sure someone has some experience in this area.Pls share your inputs . really appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Sai

Originally posted by GForGreen View Post
    Hi,
    My kid was born in india when i am on H1B Visa. now we all are on GC and planning to apply for Citizenship. I am not sure what forms i should be using for my child as she is only 7 years now and N-400 is only for above 18 years.i didn't find proper informtion on this particular topic where parent is Non uS Citizen at the time of Birth outside the country. I am sure someone has some experience in this area.Pls share your inputs . really appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Sai
    When you or your wife pass the citizenship exam, take the oath, and become citizens, your children who are under the age of 18 automatically become citizens. You can file with USCIS and get a certificate of citizenship for each child (cost is about $600.00), if you wish. Others like to save the money and just apply for a U.S. passport for each child. If you do the latter, make sure each child has h/her passport, plus copies of you and your spouse's proof of citizenship for their records. You must renew the passports every 5 years for the children until they turn 18.
    This is just general information and not to be construed as legal advice. I am not a lawyer.
    Last edited by suziq38; 06-11-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X