Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship for cuban

Hi...

I'm lost about applying for our citizenship. My wife is Cuban and I'm Brazilian.
    We applied together for our green cards and got approved on the spot.

We got married in 2016 and our GC came date from 04/2014 (data that she moved to the USA).

We did go two a paralegal. One said both of us can already apply for a Citizenship since our GC have a retroactive date.
    Another paralegal said we need to wait until January of 2019 so we will have a 5 years GC.

I don't know what to do. Can someone help me?

Thank you

3 years if spouse was already a us citizen at the time of marriage. u have to wait 5 years
    JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

What date is given on your green card as an "issued date"? I believe that if your green card is retroactive, like the one given to asylums, it should be 5 years from the date given on your Green Card, actually you can apply within 3 months before the anniversary date (but not a day before the 3 months). So for example if you obtained your Green Card in 2014, people who obtained green cards through asylum technically only have to wait for 4 years because their 2014 date issue date is rolled back to 2013.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X