Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Citizenship oath ceremony and Passport application( San Jose)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizenship oath ceremony and Passport application( San Jose)

Hi
    My wife and I had our oath ceremony today at San Jose Campbell Heritage Theatre. Looks like they have ceremony once a month. My wife had appointment at 8:30 AM and for me its 10:30 AM. However we wanted to go there and see if they would allow me to take it up at 8:30 AM as well. Reached there at 8 AM. Long queues. Separate lines for people taking oath and guests. We have a 3 yr old born Citizen who came to support us. They opened the doors around 8:30 AM. There were people coming in to check the letter to ensure the timing is correct, all the tick boxes are checked, signed etc and mark the line we need to take( ours were marked 0). Asked them if I can do 8:30 AM as well the lady said I need to go a booth inside to get approval. The person in the booth was glad to approve and they also gave a packet while standing in line info about citizenship etc.

We got to sit in the front. The entire ceremony took about 1 hour. Various people spoke - Individuals from USCIS, voter registration, passport agency, social security followed by national anthem followed by oath of allegiance. After that an individual came line by line and gave us our citizenship certificate. It was amazing how they knew who sat where. It was in exact order how we sat!!!

Post that we were standing in line to apply for our passports and also to do voting registration. Complete voting registration while standing in line. Since we were sitting in the front we didnt had to wait for long. But when we finished everything the lines were so long

Coming back to passport application my wife was given grey package after she finished her interview but I didnt get anything. I ended up downloading the application online https://travel.state.gov/content/tri...nts/forms.html and took it with me. They were fine with that however gave me an empty grey envelope to put all documents inside. They were also distributing grey packages but guess its limited.

Submitted the passport application along with original naturalization certificate, 1 photo( took the photo in walgreens- $14.99 for photos wow so expensive!) check( they take only check or money order- no cash or credit card)- I took drivers license copy also but they said its not needed. Put everything in the grey envelope and gave it. Same goes for my wife. I requested for expedited service( applied both passport and passport book expedited for $250.89). Looks like I will get it in couple of weeks. Now just need to wait

Everyone was very kind and nice and helpful. In fact I saw my citizenship interviewer out there and said hi( she is a very nice lady). Looks like they support here as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck to others

Originally posted by Pradeepan Venukanthan View Post
    Hi
    My wife and I had our oath ceremony today at San Jose Campbell Heritage Theatre. Looks like they have ceremony once a month. My wife had appointment at 8:30 AM and for me its 10:30 AM. However we wanted to go there and see if they would allow me to take it up at 8:30 AM as well. Reached there at 8 AM. Long queues. Separate lines for people taking oath and guests. We have a 3 yr old born Citizen who came to support us. They opened the doors around 8:30 AM. There were people coming in to check the letter to ensure the timing is correct, all the tick boxes are checked, signed etc and mark the line we need to take( ours were marked 0). Asked them if I can do 8:30 AM as well the lady said I need to go a booth inside to get approval. The person in the booth was glad to approve and they also gave a packet while standing in line info about citizenship etc.

We got to sit in the front. The entire ceremony took about 1 hour. Various people spoke - Individuals from USCIS, voter registration, passport agency, social security followed by national anthem followed by oath of allegiance. After that an individual came line by line and gave us our citizenship certificate. It was amazing how they knew who sat where. It was in exact order how we sat!!!

Post that we were standing in line to apply for our passports and also to do voting registration. Complete voting registration while standing in line. Since we were sitting in the front we didnt had to wait for long. But when we finished everything the lines were so long

Coming back to passport application my wife was given grey package after she finished her interview but I didnt get anything. I ended up downloading the application online https://travel.state.gov/content/tri...nts/forms.html and took it with me. They were fine with that however gave me an empty grey envelope to put all documents inside. They were also distributing grey packages but guess its limited.

Submitted the passport application along with original naturalization certificate, 1 photo( took the photo in walgreens- $14.99 for photos wow so expensive!) check( they take only check or money order- no cash or credit card)- I took drivers license copy also but they said its not needed. Put everything in the grey envelope and gave it. Same goes for my wife. I requested for expedited service( applied both passport and passport book expedited for $250.89). Looks like I will get it in couple of weeks. Now just need to wait

Everyone was very kind and nice and helpful. In fact I saw my citizenship interviewer out there and said hi( she is a very nice lady). Looks like they support here as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck to others
    Congratulations! Enjoy your new citizenship!
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X