Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Owing money to IRS and citizenship question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owing money to IRS and citizenship question?

Hi Everyone,
    I received a mail in April that I was audited by IRS for tax year 2016 and I owe about $10,000. I finally agreed to the amount today and set up a monthly payment plan, my question here, I'm still waiting for my naturalization application, will this affect my naturalization and getting citizenship? if yes, what can I do? I'm being very stressed about it now, please help.

Thanks,

Hello,
    There is no need to stress about IRS issues because you are making payments on it. You have absolutely no control as the kind of questions they would ask . Remeber every case is different. So i would say relax and wait till you called for interview. if it still bother you talk to a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by ibulp View Post
      Hi Everyone,
      I received a mail in April that I was audited by IRS for tax year 2016 and I owe about $10,000. I finally agreed to the amount today and set up a monthly payment plan, my question here, I'm still waiting for my naturalization application, will this affect my naturalization and getting citizenship? if yes, what can I do? I'm being very stressed about it now, please help.

Thanks,
      as long as you have a payment plan set up and can furnish evidence of said plan and proof that you are making payments you should not have an issue
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X