Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I/We was/were told not to sign on the Certificate of Naturalization.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I/We was/were told not to sign on the Certificate of Naturalization.

Hello everyone,

A month ago I received my Certificate of Naturalization and I/We was/were told by the officer that represented me/us in the court that not to sign on the certificate itself, only on the picture(currently my signature presents on the picture), otherwise it will become illegal document and I/we must go thru the headache process and to pay another $700+.

Now, i did schedule an appointment with USPS for a passport service. USPS told me that I need to sign on the original certificate of naturalization. I did explain the situation that I/we was/were told on the ceremony about the signature, but USPS said that I/we must sign on the original document on the field for the signature. So, I just grabbed my documents and left.

So, called to USCIS and they told me I need to schedule an appointment. Scheduled an appointment with USCIS on August 13, 2018. Spent almost 2+ hours to get to a clerk only, and in addition 30+ minutes to get to a conclusion.
    After a short talking to him, he said let's talk to his manager, and then to talk to a manager of the manager. So, the conclusion was made that I/we must sign on the Original Certificate of Naturalization according to them. So, here is some miscommunication between the two organizations. I didn't sign on my certificate yet.

Here are the questions:

1) Was anyone told the same way that I described above?
    2) Do we really need to sign on the original certificate of naturalization?
    3) Any other ways to get the passport service?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by scorpionus View Post
    Hello everyone,

A month ago I received my Certificate of Naturalization and I/We was/were told by the officer that represented me/us in the court that not to sign on the certificate itself, only on the picture(currently my signature presents on the picture), otherwise it will become illegal document and I/we must go thru the headache process and to pay another $700+.

Now, i did schedule an appointment with USPS for a passport service. USPS told me that I need to sign on the original certificate of naturalization. I did explain the situation that I/we was/were told on the ceremony about the signature, but USPS said that I/we must sign on the original document on the field for the signature. So, I just grabbed my documents and left.

So, called to USCIS and they told me I need to schedule an appointment. Scheduled an appointment with USCIS on August 13, 2018. Spent almost 2+ hours to get to a clerk only, and in addition 30+ minutes to get to a conclusion.
    After a short talking to him, he said let's talk to his manager, and then to talk to a manager of the manager. So, the conclusion was made that I/we must sign on the Original Certificate of Naturalization according to them. So, here is some miscommunication between the two organizations. I didn't sign on my certificate yet.

Here are the questions:

Thanks in advance.
    As far as I'm aware, signing that document executes it as a legal document. You have to either match your signature to the one that you have on your photo, or I believe you can also just write your name as it appears on the certificate.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Hello everyone,

Here are the questions:

Thanks in advance.
      How is it that the two agencies can't concur on such a basic matter? I am sorry. This is a clear example of how inefficient both are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
        As far as I'm aware, signing that document executes it as a legal document. You have to either match your signature to the one that you have on your photo, or I believe you can also just write your name as it appears on the certificate.
        Hi Tezza,

I agree with you with 200% of what you said and that is how it supposed to be done and for forever.

BUT, all 250+ persons in the court, plus their guests, all heard what the officer said, it is not just me. Some guys, including me, did ask that officer in person twice about that signature matter, and that officer did repeat the same answer.

Now, I am kinda confused and afraid to sign on the certificate. AND I need somehow to get a passport

thank you.
        Last edited by scorpionus; 08-13-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

go to the passport office directly, or try a different post office.

Comment

Hi Tezza,

I agree with you with 200% of what you said and that is how it supposed to be done and for forever.

BUT, all 250+ persons in the court, plus their guests, all heard what the officer said, it is not just me. Some guys, including me, did ask that officer in person twice about that signature matter, and that officer did repeat the same answer.

Now, I am kinda confused and afraid to sign on the certificate. AND I need somehow to get a passport

thank you.
            I distinctly remember being asked to sign it at the ceremony. I also remember toying with the idea of americanizing my first name since I have a European name that already sounds American (fine, caucasian - lol).

Comment

They had everyone line up and sign their certs before our ceremony in NJ
              Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
              Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
              Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X