Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing last name from maiden to married during Naturalization in San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing last name from maiden to married during Naturalization in San Francisco

I understand that you cannot legally change your name during naturalization in San Francisco due to judicial oath ceremony not being offered. Does that also apply to changing just the last name from maiden to married name too? We were married in a different country, not in the US. My wife has her maiden name on the green card. She has mentioned her married last name under "OTHER NAMES" on the N-400 application (5 yrs employment based) because it is on her drivers license and SSN.

Are we required to approach the court to change her last name and then take the court order to the naturalization interview to request a name change on the naturalization certificate?
    The concern & question I have is: Will it delay her case if she changes the name during the naturalization process? Will they require to check Biometrics again under the new name to see if she is cleared?

Has anyone tried to change their last name from maiden to married in San Francisco ? Would appreciate your advice.

Has no one changed their last name in San Francisco?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X