Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Year, One Day Rule Eligibility

Hello,

I am applying for US citizenship and I'm eligible for the the four year, one day rule. I stayed for more than four years and nine days in the US before applying for naturalization and those ~2 years prior that I was absent, I had a reentry permit. I have already been interviewed by the USCIS officer but my case is still further reviewed.

I just realized, when I submitted up my N-400, I selected "Other" and then wrote down the USCIS policy for the four year, one day rule (8 CFR 316.5(c)(1)(ii)). This proved to be a problem since the automated system during my interview does not recognize this and I think just made my case more problematic. The system only selections for "Other" cases like you've been in the US military or have been working under a US company abroad. I selected "Other" since I thought this was a more honest answer.

Should I have just selected the option stating I am eligible under the 5-year continuous residency (letter A, number 1 of Part 1 in N-400) since I am subject to the 5-year continuous residency to begin with, only that I am particularly eligible under the four year one day rule? And if yes, would stating this to my USCIS officer during the review help my case move forward and hopefully be approved? Thank you!

Update

Hey,

Did you get an update on this? I m in the same boat.....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X