Question. Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question. Need some help

I will have my 5 year permanent residency on 2020. I am planning to apply for citizenship on August 2020 which is also my anniversary date of coming here in the US. I want to know if applying citizenship being single or married have any differences i.e decision of approval, documents. The thing is my fiance and I plan to get married on May of that year and I'm wondering if ther's any complications with that.

Originally posted by PrincessBelle View Post
    I will have my 5 year permanent residency on 2020. I am planning to apply for citizenship on August 2020 which is also my anniversary date of coming here in the US. I want to know if applying citizenship being single or married have any differences i.e decision of approval, documents. The thing is my fiance and I plan to get married on May of that year and I'm wondering if ther's any complications with that.
    There's no difference, except having to fill in your spouse's information on the application form if you are already married.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      There's no difference, except having to fill in your spouse's information on the application form if you are already married.
      Agreed, you've met the permanent residency requirements either way so you're good. Congratulations and Best wishes with the application process!
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

The first question that comes to mind is - How did you get your green card? Were you married to a US citizen? They might still ask you about the bona fide nature of the previous marriage IF there was a previous marriage. However, it should not be the center of the interview when it takes place.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X