n400 - Interview and name change - Dallas TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n400 - Interview and name change - Dallas TX

My wife goes in for her citizenship interview in November in Dallas. We have been discussing divorce and she wants to tell the person at the interview that she wants to go back to her maiden name.

I told her I think that it's a bad idea and might look odd that in her citizenship interview she wants to change her "married" name for her "maiden name" and that it might look like we only got married so she could become a citizen (which is not true).

I think she should keep her married name so she doesn't raise suspicion and then after she becomes a citizen and we divorce THEN go back to her maiden name.

THoughts? Will her request for a "reverse" name change at the interview cause suspicion?

Rudy V

Originally posted by rudyv View Post
    My wife goes in for her citizenship interview in November in Dallas. We have been discussing divorce and she wants to tell the person at the interview that she wants to go back to her maiden name.

I told her I think that it's a bad idea and might look odd that in her citizenship interview she wants to change her "married" name for her "maiden name" and that it might look like we only got married so she could become a citizen (which is not true).

I think she should keep her married name so she doesn't raise suspicion and then after she becomes a citizen and we divorce THEN go back to her maiden name.

THoughts? Will her request for a "reverse" name change at the interview cause suspicion?

Rudy V
    @Rudy, is not a good idea at all! What came over her to have such a thought at this time?if she want the interview/ citizenship to go through she need to go there without raising any issues like that. Changing a name can happen after the naturalization. She should not forget that, she is get naturalize base on marriage if I'm correct. However, she need to understand the system of government we are into right now any mistakes can raise a red flag. I hope this advice will help. Goodluck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X