No announcement yet.

In desperate need of help. 90 days since passing n400 Interview. But no update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In desperate need of help. 90 days since passing n400 Interview. But no update

Hello.
    Let me start by saying that i had my naturalization Interview 3 months ago and the officer handed me the paper that said "passed english and civics test" " recommended for approval". Officer said to wait 2 weeks and i would get my letter in the mail
    On the day of the Interview i was the last one to be called to be Interviewed. The computers were down and we switched alot of computers to get things moving. The officer handed me the letter of approval before going back to her office to attach a document i handed earlier that the system would not cooporate to have it attached to she said she will do it after having my photos taken in another office.
    Fast forward to now and still no update. Online case status says: interview is scheduled. 1-800 say my case is pending. L2 at customer service filed a case request for me and uscis told me in 90 days they will make a decision. ( i have read many experiences where this letter meant nothing and they kept on waiting).
    I called customer service again and they said that they can't do anything for me anymore after the service request and i have to wait another 90 days. Now that the 120 days rule doesn't apply to me anymore.
    My local office of detroit uscis doesn't even schedule infopass or walk in appointments.
    Lawyers are really expensive and i can't afford a lawyer.
    On another note, i had my baby 6 months ago and her father is dying to see her, he can't come to the states( we r not married). Seriously, what do i do?!!!

Same boat

Originally posted by Suhaj10 View Post
    Hello.
    Let me start by saying that i had my naturalization Interview 3 months ago and the officer handed me the paper that said "passed english and civics test" " recommended for approval". Officer said to wait 2 weeks and i would get my letter in the mail
    On the day of the Interview i was the last one to be called to be Interviewed. The computers were down and we switched alot of computers to get things moving. The officer handed me the letter of approval before going back to her office to attach a document i handed earlier that the system would not cooporate to have it attached to she said she will do it after having my photos taken in another office.
    Fast forward to now and still no update. Online case status says: interview is scheduled. 1-800 say my case is pending. L2 at customer service filed a case request for me and uscis told me in 90 days they will make a decision. ( i have read many experiences where this letter meant nothing and they kept on waiting).
    I called customer service again and they said that they can't do anything for me anymore after the service request and i have to wait another 90 days. Now that the 120 days rule doesn't apply to me anymore.
    My local office of detroit uscis doesn't even schedule infopass or walk in appointments.
    On another note, i had my baby 6 months ago and her father is dying to see her, he can't come to the states( we r not married). Seriously, what do i do?!!!

I am in the same boat. it has been almost 2 months and I haven't heard anything..... Does anyone else have similar experience ??? please advice. Gracias

Comment

What office

Originally posted by AC2 View Post
      I am in the same boat. it has been almost 2 months and I haven't heard anything..... Does anyone else have similar experience ??? please advice. Gracias
      What office did you apply to? I keep calling uscis and they say its "pending final review"

Comment

Same boat

I apply in the Washington DC office . How about you?

Comment

Hello.
          Per law, they only have 120 days to adjudicate.
          2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
          4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
          4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
          4/19: Request to expedite EAD
          5/11: Received EAD
          6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
          8/09: Advance Parole approved
          8/29: Scheduled for Interview
          10/11: Interview
          10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
          10/16: Sent new G28
          10/19: Approved!

Comment

Thats odd. But it does happen. I've seen people posting about how they go to their local governer and ask for help and receive treatment in a heart beat. My process was quick from october 2018 to having my oath cermony schedule for january 2019. But my neighbor who is from Iraq her moms process was taking too long, she also went to the governors office and ask for help. A couple days later her mom had the interview and had the oath cermony that same day. Thats the only thing i can think about.

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by Lizga View Post
              Thats odd. But it does happen. I've seen people posting about how they go to their local governer and ask for help and receive treatment in a heart beat. My process was quick from october 2018 to having my oath cermony schedule for january 2019. But my neighbor who is from Iraq her moms process was taking too long, she also went to the governors office and ask for help. A couple days later her mom had the interview and had the oath cermony that same day. Thats the only thing i can think about.
              Liz,

Thank you so much for your input. Wow you were really blessed to have that so quick!!!! I am jealous . It has been 2 months for me, and I can't do anything until 120 days have passed. what office do you applied? I am from Central America and I guess b/c of all the ciaos going on on the border they've double checking everything..

What country are you from?

Comment

Field office doesn't schedule infopass

Originally posted by Lizga View Post
                Unfortunately for me, my field office stopped scheduling infopass so i have no idea what to do next. It just doesn't make sense cause ive had my greencard since i was a kid. It is not a marriage based application. And things should be going very smoothly. All my family members either had the oath ceremony appointment handed to them after interview or got it in the mail 2 weeks later.

Comment

What office did you apply to? I keep calling uscis and they say its "pending final review"
                  I am from California..my husband also went to his interview in September 2018 and they said they’d send us a letter to return. It can take up to 4 months to hear from them they said. It’s been 3 and half months now and still nothing.

Comment

im in the same boat as well and now it has been over 5 months

Hello.
                    Truly they dont know what they do and calling here and there truly they dont know you just have to wait. i gave up and i wait

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X