Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Dual citizenship Germany

Hello All

I am just at the beginning of this process. Have not even filed N400. I am German and have requested the "Beibehaltungsurkunde" from Germany and got a weird answer: I am supposed to clarify if I want to keep the German citizenship because I want to travel to Germany for long period of times or if I plan on maybe working in Germany as well, when I come.

At this Point I am not sure what I will do because I have family in Germany that have health issues and I would like to be able to go to Germany and stay for 1 maybe more than 1 or 2 years. than I would have to work at least part time to support myself. Since I own an apartment there I might also want to move back permanently when I get old (retire).

I would like to have dual citizenship to not have to worry about filing for re-entry permit if I will have to leave quickly (due to health of my family).

Has anybody had Problems getting their Beibehaltungsurkunde approved?

ONE MORE QUESTION
    If I decide to apply for US citizenship will I loose my retirment Money from Germany?

Thank you all for any Input

Elle

Originally posted by elle2018 View Post
    Hello All

I am just at the beginning of this process. Have not even filed N400. I am German and have requested the "Beibehaltungsurkunde" from Germany and got a weird answer: I am supposed to clarify if I want to keep the German citizenship because I want to travel to Germany for long period of times or if I plan on maybe working in Germany as well, when I come.

At this Point I am not sure what I will do because I have family in Germany that have health issues and I would like to be able to go to Germany and stay for 1 maybe more than 1 or 2 years. than I would have to work at least part time to support myself. Since I own an apartment there I might also want to move back permanently when I get old (retire).

I would like to have dual citizenship to not have to worry about filing for re-entry permit if I will have to leave quickly (due to health of my family).

Has anybody had Problems getting their Beibehaltungsurkunde approved?

ONE MORE QUESTION
    If I decide to apply for US citizenship will I loose my retirment Money from Germany?

Thank you all for any Input

Elle
    These aren't questions about US Immigration but about German nationality law. Maybe a German on here can help? Otherwise you are probably better off in a different forum. Good luck!
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X