No announcement yet.

Before applying N400- please help me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before applying N400- please help me!!

Hello..
    I married with USC and I just turned 3 year holding GC. Checklist form N400 required Documents referring to you and your spouse:
    Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
    Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.
    ----
    First 3 year we filed joining tax return but the past 3 year we decided to file separated tax.(6 year married)
    We do not have children, leases, and mortgages. We do have bank accounts, life insurance, car insurance, and some utility bills.
    Questions: It matter failing to file joining tax return? What would be the worst case scenery. Do you think is enough document?. Thanks

Originally posted by mrcool1 View Post
    Hello..
    I married with USC and I just turned 3 year holding GC. Checklist form N400 required Documents referring to you and your spouse:
    Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
    Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.
    ----
    First 3 year we filed joining tax return but the past 3 year we decided to file separated tax.(6 year married)
    We do not have children, leases, and mortgages. We do have bank accounts, life insurance, car insurance, and some utility bills.
    Questions: It matter failing to file joining tax return? What would be the worst case scenery. Do you think is enough document?. Thanks
    You can provide the tax receipts as they are. It is NOT required for you to file jointly even if you are married. Be ready to answer why you switched to filing individually instead of jointly.
    Also, since you have enough documentation in other formats, you should be ok
    N400 Application details
    Added in the citizenship tracker app(06/25/09 - 11/13/09)

Comment

thank you!! that is what i want to know.

Comment

more question before applying N400

Since I filed separated tax, do i need to provide my spouse tax return also or Just mine? thank you!
        Thanks to helpwithh1..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X