Standard Forms and things to expect related to N400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Forms and things to expect related to N400

I hope to collect a bunch of standard forms so that people can see in advance what to expect during the N400 process.

This first post is Form N652 which will be handed to you at the end of the interview describing if you have or have not been recommended for approval.

The version of this form is 3/12/2015. I'm not sure if it's the latest version or not. It's one I found using google.

If anyone was interviewed recently and received a more recent version... please will you let me know the version date of your form?
    Better still, would you be willing to scan your form and redact any personal information and upload it please?
    Thanks in advance

If the adjudicator checks the box saying "A decision cannot yet be made about your application" then this is your golden opportunity to try to find out WHY before you leave the interview. If you don't get to the bottom of it in the interview, you will wish you had done so later that night when you get home and the paranoia sets in.

My approach would be to ask if there is any specific concern or issue that the interviewer has and if there is any information or if there are any documents that I could offer here and now to address those concerns.
    You are hoping to hear "I don't see any problems but I need to have my work checked by my supervisor"

Now is also a great time to get the Adjudicator's information. A name and direct phone number wiill be very useful for future reference if you have questions and need to find out what's happening with your case. Without that direct phone line, your options will be limited and you will be left talking to menu systems and low-level telephone receptionists. It's always better to be able to talk to the person who is actually handling your case. They may be unwilling to give you a direct number... but at least you tried while you had the opportunity.

If the interviewer checks the box saying that you will receive form N-14, this means that they know they will be sending you a "Request for Information". However, if the interviewer already KNOWS that.. they should be able to explain here and now what information they will be requesting. This will give you a chance to discuss the details of what kind of response will (or won't) suffice before you leave.

If you are well-prepared you may already have a document in your briefcase that answers those questions... it is better to show the interviewer those documents here and now instead of waiting for the RFE which simply adds delay into the process.

I intend to go to the interview over-prepared with a file full of information "just in case".
    Applicants typically wait months for the interview... I decided to use that time constructively collecting my over-prepared portfolio.

A little bit of info on form N-14 can be seen here: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ug...-the-n-14-form
    Better information on N-14 is here: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...interview.html
    Or just google for "USCIS Form N-14"

In subsequent posts I will explain some of the paperwork I accumulated and some of the paperwork I noticed that other people forgot to take.

Click image for larger version  Name:	N652 (3_12_2015).jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	709733
    Last edited by N400questions; 10-03-2019, 10:56 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X