Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Account - Estimated Date + Passport Expiring

Hello,

I applied for Naturalization on Feburary 20th, 2020. Got BIometrics Appointment on Feb 22, 2020. Got a new message on my account on March 9th, 2020 stating,

"We reviewed your biometrics. You do not need to do anything at this time. We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application."

Now the estimated case completion time is - Oct 2020 (3 months).

Here are the questions,

1. How accurate is this? Since its saying 'Estimated Case Completion' can I expect that Oath Ceremony will be done in October?
    2. My Indian passport is also expiring Oct 2020, should I get that renewed right now? Or just wait since i will get a new passport eitherway?
    3. Can I expedite getting the US passport as i have to travel to India by the end of November?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rudy

1. Possible depending on your location. In some jurisdictions, the interview is 3-5 months from filing and in some others it is 12-36 months from filing. Oath is also dependent on the jurisdiction. Some only allow judicial ceremonies, some are once a month, some every week, etc. So expect Oath to be 1-12 weeks from date of passing the interview.

2. You still have plenty of time on the passport. As of now, the indian consulates are slowly starting back up on passport renewals. So wait for a while.

3. US passport offices are slowly resuming operations and should pick up in the next 2-3 months. Assuming this happens, I would say "expedite" option will also be available.
    If the current situation continues or worsens, you will only get a passport expedited if there is an urgent need to travel (life or death emergency)

Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

1. I’m located in NY, and is the USCIS account processing times accurate?

2. I am not planning on renewing my Indian passport as i will be getting a US passport. Will that be a problem?

Thank you in advance.

Rudy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X