Traffic Violation after Naturalization Interview and Before Oath Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Violation after Naturalization Interview and Before Oath Ceremony

I would appreciate some advice. I got approval for Citizenship and had successful interview and also recieved the notification for attending the Naturalization Oath ceremony on July 6th.

However, couple of weeks ago, right after my interview, I was driving in San Francisco, and being in unfamiliar area, I had a 'failing to stop at red-light' traffic violation.

The Naturarlization Oath notification has a form attached that needs to be signed on the day of the oath, and one of the questions is whether you have had and traffic violations.

In my case the answer is yes. My question is how serious is this is and how should I handle it? Are they just interested in how truthful I am or something else?

Thanks for any help.

the same thing happen to me got ticket after interview but i took my oath wednesday the paper ask has anything change after your interview and i said no and that was it took my oath and now i am a citizen.hope this help

Comment

Don't perjure yourself

So you lied despite having sworn to tell the truth? So if this ever comes to light they could revoke your citizenship because of some unimportant traffic violation on the basis that you lied under oath. A traffic violation won't stop you becoming a citizen but perjury might.

Honesty is the best policy. Just tell them. It is unlikely, though possible, that they might ask for proof before the oath. But it's better than telling them lies and getting caught later.

Comment

Don't lie about something so trivial

cageordie,

Right on the mark! Something like that probably would not stop the applicant from naturalizing even if they hadn't paid the ticket yet. Especially if it wasn't due yet. Just show the ticket, they can make a note on the form and OK you for the Oath.

Bye,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X