Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Day Oath Ceremony Request

Hi,

I have my naturalization interview scheduled on February 8th 2021 at the Philadelphia office (PA).
    Is it possible to request a same day oath ceremony? If so, how?

Thank you!

Hi! I don’t think you can request it. You will have same day oath ceremony If your office performs them and if they don’t need more time to review your case. Also, I don’t think they perform it if you change your name since the change has to be done in court

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Providing a reply to the question that I posted as it may someone having similar question in future:

"No - It will not happen on the same day as one's interview. This is based on the interview I took today at Dallas USCIS (02/04/2021). Even before I was about to request for same day oath, the adjudicating officer informed that it will take 3 weeks for the oath to be scheduled during these pandemic times when social distancing is required. He informed that same day or priority oath taking is offered at times only during compelling reasons like if the person has say an immediate travel or if the person has flown from a distant location just for the interview"

Comment

Congratulations on your upcoming naturalization interview! Requesting a same-day oath ceremony is possible in some cases, but it ultimately depends on the availability and scheduling of ceremonies at your local USCIS office.
          During the Interview: When you attend your naturalization interview on February 8th, you can express your interest in having a same-day oath ceremony to the USCIS officer conducting your interview. They will let you know if it's possible based on the current schedule and capacity.
          USCIS Officer's Discretion: The decision to grant a same-day oath ceremony is at the discretion of the USCIS officer. They will consider factors such as the number of applicants, available resources, and the capacity to accommodate same-day ceremonies. Rainbow Friends: Chapter 2

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X