Naturalization Interview Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization Interview Complete

To update those wondering, I had my interview yesterday, July 28th, and I was approved for naturalization!

I went into the USCIS office 15 minutes early as stated on the form, went through security, checked in and sat down to wait. Be advised all USCIS offices have reinstated the mask mandate per CDC guidance, meaning even if you're vaccinated you must wear it in the building at all times.

I was called in to the office and I was told to put my items down but remain standing, raise my hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Once we sat down the officer asked for my driver license and green card and then took my fingerprints and a photo. He began the civics test. He said as soon as you answer 6 right we will stop, I completed that. The officer then gave me a short sentence to write, to show my understanding. My first language is English, so for me it wasn't difficult.

After this he began asking standard questions about identity, etc. He went through each and every question in part 12, reaffirming my responses on the application form. The officer was friendly, we talked about random things, he made me feel at ease for sure. I was nervous only because of how important the interview was, rather than anything else, as I knew that mine and my wife's marriage is legitimate, and we provided detailed applications throughout the entire process.

I took a folder filled with the required documents plus lots of other things, because I wanted to be prepared. I was almost upset as myself and my wife spent so long creating this folder and the officer did not want one thing out of it! He did not need to see any of the original documents for anything we submitted. I guess he was comfortable about it since we have provided all originals in a previous interview in the past.

After we had gone through all of those questions, he needed me to sign a couple of things and confirm my details are all correct as they would be what goes onto the Certificate of Naturalization. Then he printed out the N-652 showing I had passed all the tests and was being recommended for approval. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.

By the time I got back home, my online account had updated to show, "Your case has been recommended for approval and will now be forwarded for quality review." Then shortly after I received a notification saying, "An oath ceremony will be scheduled." So I assume it's been reviewed at the final stage and now I am in line for my ceremony.

That is where I am right now. Waiting and hoping it doesn't take too long to receive the letter, I will update when I know!
    Last edited by Tezza; 07-29-2021, 01:58 PM.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Hi,
    Congratulation and thank you so much for sharing your Experience. Your experience will surely help others.
    Thanks

Comment

No problem, I think it's important to share our individual experiences in depth, as it makes others feel somewhat better about going through the experience. I know the entire thing is daunting, so at least if you know what you're walking into, you've got a chance to prepare mentally.
      Marriage AOS - 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
        To update those wondering, I had my interview yesterday, July 28th, and I was approved for naturalization!

I went into the USCIS office 15 minutes early as stated on the form, went through security, checked in and sat down to wait. Be advised all USCIS offices have reinstated the mask mandate per CDC guidance, meaning even if you're vaccinated you must wear it in the building at all times.

I was called in to the office and I was told to put my items down but remain standing, raise my hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Once we sat down the officer asked for my driver license and green card and then took my fingerprints and a photo. He began the civics test. He said as soon as you answer 6 right we will stop, I completed that. The officer then gave me a short sentence to write, to show my understanding. My first language is English, so for me it wasn't difficult.

After this he began asking standard questions about identity, etc. He went through each and every question in part 12, reaffirming my responses on the application form. The officer was friendly, we talked about random things, he made me feel at ease for sure. I was nervous only because of how important the interview was, rather than anything else, as I knew that mine and my wife's marriage is legitimate, and we provided detailed applications throughout the entire process.

I took a folder filled with the required documents plus lots of other things, because I wanted to be prepared. I was almost upset as myself and my wife spent so long creating this folder and the officer did not want one thing out of it! He did not need to see any of the original documents for anything we submitted. I guess he was comfortable about it since we have provided all originals in a previous interview in the past.

After we had gone through all of those questions, he needed me to sign a couple of things and confirm my details are all correct as they would be what goes onto the Certificate of Naturalization. Then he printed out the N-652 showing I had passed all the tests and was being recommended for approval. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.

By the time I got back home, my online account had updated to show, "Your case has been recommended for approval and will now be forwarded for quality review." Then shortly after I received a notification saying, "An oath ceremony will be scheduled." So I assume it's been reviewed at the final stage and now I am in line for my ceremony.

That is where I am right now. Waiting and hoping it doesn't take too long to receive the letter, I will update when I know!
        CONGRATULATIONS TEZZA! You are brilliant. Well done! Yes being knowledgeable and confident are great traits for any interview and this one in particular. We are happy for you. My interview will be on 8/16 (my mother's birthday). THANK YOU for sharing. We wish for you continued success in all your endeavors.
        7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
        10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
        7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
        8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
        5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post

CONGRATULATIONS TEZZA! You are brilliant. Well done! Yes being knowledgeable and confident are great traits for any interview and this one in particular. We are happy for you. My interview will be on 8/16 (my mother's birthday). THANK YOU for sharing. We wish for you continued success in all your endeavors.
          Thank you! Good luck in your interview, let us know how it goes. I know you guys will be fine. This was based on the 3 year marriage to a USC and I was not required to bring my wife into the interview. I assume this is a COVID thing, as I'd have thought they would usually come in for the 3 year naturalization. She came with me anyway, but just had to sit in the car.
          Marriage AOS - 2018

Comment

Thank you! Good luck in your interview, let us know how it goes. I know you guys will be fine. This was based on the 3 year marriage to a USC and I was not required to bring my wife into the interview. I assume this is a COVID thing, as I'd have thought they would usually come in for the 3 year naturalization. She came with me anyway, but just had to sit in the car.
            Haha! Thank you for the well wishes. My husband already applied for the day off so that we can drive together to the interview (3hrs journey). We have a 4 month old (will be 5mth then) so we plan to make it a family trip and they both have to stay in the car. Yes the spouse is not usually included in the naturalization interview. We also applied based on the 3yr marriage to USC.
            7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
            10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
            7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
            8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
            5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Do you remember the questions you had for the civics test?

Comment

Congratulations Tezza, thanks for sharing. My online status says approximately 13 days till decision on case. Does this mean USCIS will schedule my civics test in the next 2 weeks? how accurate is this estimate?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post

Do you remember the questions you had for the civics test?
                  I am pretty sure these are the questions I received, as you can imagine it was kind of a blur. But I only got asked 6 questions as I got all of them correct, so there was no need to continue to ten.

- What are the two major political parties in the United States?
                  - What is one responsibility that is only for US citizens?
                  - When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
                  - When was the Constitution written?
                  - Where is the Statue of Liberty?
                  - Why does the flag have 50 stars?

Originally posted by Sunree View Post
                  Congratulations Tezza, thanks for sharing. My online status says approximately 13 days till decision on case. Does this mean USCIS will schedule my civics test in the next 2 weeks? how accurate is this estimate?
                  I didn't get a notification about how long until a decision would be made.

Did you already interview for naturalization and fail the civics test or are you waiting for your first naturalization interview? Is it based on marriage? Sorry just trying to get the details before I answer your question.
                  Last edited by Tezza; 08-02-2021, 01:53 PM.
                  Marriage AOS - 2018

Comment

Thanks for sharing Tezza! 2 weeks to go for my interview. I will come back and share my experience here.

Comment

Tezza, waiting on first time interview notice. Employment based. N 400 receipt date is June 2020, filed online but we will be going to Seattle ASC. Thanks

Comment

Quick update, I received my Oath Ceremony letter! It's scheduled for the middle of next month!
                        Marriage AOS - 2018

Comment

Quick update, I received my Oath Ceremony letter! It's scheduled for the middle of next month!
                          Yeah! CONGRATULATIONS again!

Comment

Congratulation Tezza
                            Marriage based AOS
                            Service Center : NBC
                            Application centre : Boston
                            PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
                            Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
                            First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
                            Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
                            Card bn produced : 3/23/18
                            Card received 3/30/18
                            Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
                            Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
                            Interview date: 9/10/18
                            Approval letter received :9/14/18
                            Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
                            Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

Quick update. I officially naturalized on Wednesday! It feels good to be done with immigration after all of the waiting.
                              Marriage AOS - 2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X