Proof of arrest when arrest didn't happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of arrest when arrest didn't happen

I got a traffic violation more than 7 years ago and I answered Yes to the 'citation or arrest' question after reviewing many posts and hearing first hand stories from friends.

Now I got a notice saying "you indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolveed".

The violation was $380 for not stopping on right and taking baby out of car seat before making the full stop. For which I attended the scool and paid $190 fine.

I got the DMV record from dmv office that does not show any tickets (because it was very old). I also have a recipt of attending the traffic school. Will that be sufficient or do I need to obtain records from court?

Proof of Arrest......

I had a similar situation. I had several speeing offences, and only one record remaining.

Basically, you need to gather as much documentation as you can (imagine if they ask you in the interview if you attempted to get courts records? You can not lie to them).

What I did was gather records from DMV and attached an explanation to the N-400 form explaining the incidents and resulting citiations, making a point that I had paid them in full and there were no outstanding payments or issues with the incidents.

When I attended my interview, they looked over the explanation, but did not comment or ask any other questions.

The main point. Declare everything, be honest, and show that you are remorseful of any past incidents. Hope this helps.

Comment

dont worry !

Thats the standard thing on the yellow letter they send you. Just take disposition certificate for all the tickets paid by you at the interview and you will be just FINE.

Comment

Done with interview.

Thanks for your advice, I didn't worried and took what ever I had with me. The officer was very nice, and she did go over almost all of the application including this question. In my application I've written "traffic violation" in the comments and "attend traffic school" in the resolution, she just read those statement and confirmed from me and didn't asked for any document.

I was selected for special event oath ceremony at Angel Islands (100 year celebration event) on Sep 17th.

Bottom line...."be honest - declare everything" is the sure way to go!

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X