Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~Naturalization concerns (continuous residence with re-entry permit)...Please help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~Naturalization concerns (continuous residence with re-entry permit)...Please help..

Hi all,

Im planning to apply for US citizenship here in the bay area, CA this year and i have a few questions.

I have been a GC holder/LPR since 2004, but i left the US for 2 years with a re-entry permit(which was approved). I got back in Sept 2006 (less than 2 years). Since then I took a few trips outside the US for less than 6 months (2 weeks, 3 months, 4 months), and i made sure i stayed here in the US longer...
    I read on M-476 Naturalization guideline from USCIS concerning continuous residence, that my time before i left doesnt count anymore, but I would still be eligible to apply for citizenship 4 years and 1 day after I got back in 2006, and that my 364 days(1 year minus 1 day) while outside would count as continuous residence time. They even have an example about it there.

I have also satisfied the 30 month physical presence requirement.

So basically counting my time and based on the M-476 guideline..I should be eligible this 2010.

Please, can anyone verify if what i understand is correct???
    Does anyone have the same situation or heard of someone who has and have applied?
    And what documents do i need to submit to support that??

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING!
    Last edited by Jin03983; 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X