Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuous residence question..Please HELP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous residence question..Please HELP...

Hi all,

Im planning to apply for US citizenship here in the bay area, CA this year and i have a few questions.

I have been a GC holder/LPR since 2004, but i left the US for 2 years with a re-entry permit(which was approved). I got back in Sept 2006 (less than 2 years). Since then I took a few trips outside the US for less than 6 months (2 weeks, 3 months, 4 months), and i made sure i stayed here in the US longer...
    I read on M-476 Naturalization guideline from USCIS concerning continuous residence, that my time before i left doesnt count anymore, but I would still be eligible to apply for citizenship 4 years and 1 day after I got back in 2006, and that my 364 days(1 year minus 1 day) while outside would count as continuous residence time. They even have an example about it there.

I have also satisfied the 30 month physical presence requirement.

So basically counting my time and based on the M-476 guideline..I should be eligible this 2010.

Can anyone PLEASE verify if what i understand is correct???
    Does anyone have the same situation or heard of someone who has and have applied?
    And what documents do i need to submit to support that??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR REPLYING!

hi

u will be fine if u wait that 4yrs and one day, and have 913 days physical...in usa...there is a big chance the office ask u for tax return for the last five yrs and utility bills, lease,...to prove that u didnt abandon ur residency within the last 4 yrs..
    for tax return u have to go to tax office fill out form 4506, and they give the last three yrs right away and will mail u the first two yrs within 2-3 weeks to u.

It is a good idea to mail these with ur application or atleast have it with u when u go to the interview

Comment

3 months

yes..you meet the requirements...just make sure you have lived last 3 months in the same state/district in which you are filing your application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X