N400 Form and Tax Documentation Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 Form and Tax Documentation Issue

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I am preparing my documentation for my N400, and am concerned about the section regarding tax filing.
    I stated earlier in the N400 form that we had difficulty filing our 2019/2020 taxes - due to the lockdown.
    I currently only have my 2018 jointly filed taxes on file, though the IRS site seems to indicate I have filings from earlier.

I intend to provide the 2018 transcript but was wondering how the lack of the 2019 and 2020 will affect my application.

For clarity, my wife and I have primarily been in school since 2018 and have worked part time jobs. We desperately needed the 2019 taxes to go through for the stimulus, yet it was rejected as they had not finished processing the 2018 at the time. We were also told that the rejected 2019 return would be kept on file, and processed after the 2018 return was complete - and instructed not to file another 2019 (had confirmed this on the phone with an IRS agent.)
    Since then, the 2019 has not been processed still and it has long since past the submission date.

I am going to assemble what tax documents I have, in addition to the 2019 and 2020 returns which have yet to be processed and a letter explaining the situation.

Do you all feel that this is a good course of action? What kind of impact would this have on my application?

Thank you for any responses.

Looks good. You’ve done your due diligence.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X