Citizenship Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Interview

A friend and his wife appeared for their interview. Wife was recommended and her status changed where as my friend was not recommended and was told they might send RFE. Both husband and wife had the exact case. In the immediately preceding 5 years they maintained all requirements for continuous residence and physical presence. They questioned the last trip that was 2 years before the 5 year period which was 2 years long but done with a reentry permit. It was on the application because they applied 90 days early as allowed. Not sure what to make of this weird situation. Any wise words?

Were they interviewed at the same time? By the same IO?

Who were they employed by while gone for two years?

Comment

Mike E They were interviewed at the same time but by two different officers. The guy retired from his job during that two year trip so he could permanently move to US. The IO did ask that question also and they answered honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mb3000 View Post
        Mike E They were interviewed at the same time but by two different officers. The guy retired from his job during that two year trip so he could permanently move to US. The IO did ask that question also and they answered honestly.
        So the man was working outside the USA and the woman was not. These are not the same cases at all. Working outside the USA is sometimes not good. It might have been. mistake to call attention to that time period

Comment

Mike E actually both were. Guy actually was close to retiring and it was stupid to leave. Girl actually left the job but obviously that did not come up in interview. So what do you think is next? What to make out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mb3000 View Post
            Mike E actually both were. Guy actually was close to retiring and it was stupid to leave. Girl actually left the job but obviously that did not come up in interview. So what do you think is next? What to make out?
            Sorry but the story isn’t straight. Tell it again and don’t trickle truth. Tell everything

Comment

Hello all. I filed my N-400 on April 9, 2022, and my interview is scheduled on May 26,2022. Which Civic Test Version shall I take? 2008 or 2020?
              USCIS web site has the following:
              Applied before April 19, 2021 - civic test 2020 or 2008
              Applied after April 19, 2021 - civic test 2008
              Even the website says clearly, I am confused why the test is older version, while the application is newer. Any idea?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X