Help filling N400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help filling N400

Hi, I'm a permanent resident for more than 8+ years a few months ago I've decided to apply for naturalization at the moment I'm waiting for my divorce to be finalized trying to fill the n400 is very confusing the part where it says "what your status" I don't know what option to select married or divorce i dont see anything thats says divorce and pending.
    Can someone help me. I really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

Until your divorce is final, you are married, so "married" is correct. If you are legally separated, you can select "separated".

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Until your divorce is final, you are married, so "married" is correct. If you are legally separated, you can select "separated".
      SO i can apply married and then summit my divorce decree when is ready? I don't have to be married by the time I have my interview because I'm applying "married" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Venusina View Post

SO i can apply married and then summit my divorce decree when is ready? I don't have to be married by the time I have my interview because I'm applying "married" ?
        Yes, if any of the answers changed by the interview, you would just let the interviewer know then. But since your marital status is not relevant to your naturalization, it's not a big deal.

Comment

Yes, if any of the answers changed by the interview, you would just let the interviewer know then. But since your marital status is not relevant to your naturalization, it's not a big deal.
          My marital status is not relevant because I have more than 5 years being a resident right ? Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Venusina View Post

My marital status is not relevant because I have more than 5 years being a resident right ? Thanks so much!
            It is not relevant because you are applying under the 5-year rule. (Make sure to choose the 5-year rule as the basis for applying on the N-400.)

Comment

It is not relevant because you are applying under the 5-year rule. (Make sure to choose the 5-year rule as the basis for applying on the N-400.)
              I got it!! Ty so much for the help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X