Wife's employment &unemployment period in N400 application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's employment &unemployment period in N400 application

My wife and I are going to file N400. I got GC based on employment and my wife got dependent GC from me. 5 yrs completed in GC.
    I am continuously working. But my wife worked only for 2 years (2018-2022) in last 5 years. She never worked before 2018. She lost her job during covid.
    My wife got the unemployment claim during 2020-2021. She is now unemployed and don't want to work.

My wife will show the 2 years employment history from 2018 till 2020.
    Question - Does she need to add "Unemployment from 2020 till date? Or just simply need to mention employment from 2018 to 2022? Can unemployment claim cause the decision?​

Originally posted by PB2022 View Post
    My wife and I are going to file N400. I got GC based on employment and my wife got dependent GC from me. 5 yrs completed in GC.
    I am continuously working. But my wife worked only for 2 years (2018-2022) in last 5 years. She never worked before 2018. She lost her job during covid.
    My wife got the unemployment claim during 2020-2021. She is now unemployed and don't want to work.

My wife will show the 2 years employment history from 2018 till 2020.
    Question - Does she need to add "Unemployment from 2020 till date? Or just simply need to mention employment from 2018 to 2022? Can unemployment claim cause the decision?​
    if the online firm lets her omit a range of dates then do so.

She is not required to be employed to naturalize

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X