Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions in preparation for my N400 interview…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions in preparation for my N400 interview…

Hi there.

So I was scheduled for my interview just 3 weeks after I submitted my N400 application.

I am ecstatic but would also like to properly prepare for the interview. If you could please answer the questions below, it would be greatly appreciated!
    • Did they ask you to sing the national anthem?
    • Do I have to memorize the pledge of allegiance?
    • Is the exam oral or written? Based on the reviewer, there are questions where I can provide just one answer - is this true? Just one answer is enough for some questions?
    • Aside from the exam questions, may I know what else could be asked during the interview? Is it as intense as the conditional GC interview?
    • How long did the interview last for you?
    • Did you print and bring all of the evidence such as bank statements, monthly bills, etc? I have a lot of evidence and it will be a bit bothersome to print everything. There is also a note in the letter that says “If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.” - I would assume this only applies to evidence such as marriage certificate and birth/naturalization certificate of spouse?
    • Did your spouse come with you during your interview? I asked my spouse to take the day off and come along with me to the interview - it wasn’t mentioned in the letter that my spouse needs to be there but wanted to make sure anyways just in case.
    • Do they still practice COVID measures? Should I bring a face mask? Not an issue for me, but just wanted to make sure. I will also bring my vaccination card just in case they ask for it.
    • Can we bring our iPhones inside the venue? I do not recall if we were asked to surrender our phones during the conditional greencard interview.
    • Did your interview start on time as scheduled? Or did you have to wait a while for the interview?
    • Will they take my current foreign passport after the interview? I might have to travel internationally for work and was wondering what can be done if they take my passport. Can I apply for a certain pass to travel (if there is one) or do I have no option but to just wait for the US passport to be issued?
    • Curious if you were approved on the spot or did you have to wait for days/weeks to get your approval? When were you notified that you were approved and when did you get your invite for the Naturalization Oath ceremony?
    • My 751 application is still pending - if my N400 gets approved first, do I still have to worry about my pending 751 application?
    • Should we prepare for a combo 751 and N400 interview? If so, what are usually the questions asked in a 751 interview? Is it like the conditional gc interview?
    • Would appreciate any additional tips you could share in preparation for my interview!

I know these are a lot of questions, but I just wanted to prepare for the interview. Want to be 101% prepared.

Thank you so much!
    Last edited by ihaveit29; 01-01-2023, 08:52 PM.

Study the 100 questions for the civic test. They are not going to ask you to sing the national anthem. You’ll take the written test which is just to make you write some words or sentences and also make you read out sim words

Comment

Originally posted by ihaveit29 View Post
      Hi there.

So I was scheduled for my interview just 3 weeks after I submitted my N400 application.

I am ecstatic but would also like to properly prepare for the interview. If you could please answer the questions below, it would be greatly appreciated!
      • Did they ask you to sing the national anthem? No they did not
      • Do I have to memorize the pledge of allegiance? No they did not
      • Is the exam oral or written? Based on the reviewer, there are questions where I can provide just one answer - is this true? Just one answer is enough for some questions? Mainly Oral with one sentence you have to write in English. They will speak out the sentence you need to write. I would recommend getting the USCIS Test App or downloading their PDFs it has all the questions and answers. THey will ask the Question exactly how it is written in the app or pdf
      • Aside from the exam questions, may I know what else could be asked during the interview? Is it as intense as the conditional GC interview? As this was just a N400 test this was no where near as scary or intensive as my conditional GC interview
      • How long did the interview last for you? about 30 minutes
      • Did you print and bring all of the evidence such as bank statements, monthly bills, etc? I have a lot of evidence and it will be a bit bothersome to print everything. There is also a note in the letter that says “If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.” - I would assume this only applies to evidence such as marriage certificate and birth/naturalization certificate of spouse? I only brought in what they asked. e.g my passport my wifes birth certificate proving she was a US citizen and something else i cant remember. All the evidence i uploaded i did not bother bringing. The only thing I can think of maybe bringing is your most recent tax return if it wasn't in your original application
      • Did your spouse come with you during your interview? I asked my spouse to take the day off and come along with me to the interview - it wasn’t mentioned in the letter that my spouse needs to be there but wanted to make sure anyways just in case. THIS DEPENDS ON IF YOU HAVE ALREADY HAD YOUR CONDITIONS REMOVED OR NOT. some people who still had their conditions removal pending had to reschedule their interview because their spouse was not with them. It appears that they combine both and do them all at once
      • Do they still practice COVID measures? Should I bring a face mask? Not an issue for me, but just wanted to make sure. I will also bring my vaccination card just in case they ask for it. had mine during Covid and i was required to but not sure what the protocol is now
      • Can we bring our iPhones inside the venue? I do not recall if we were asked to surrender our phones during the conditional greencard interview. I left mine in the car as there was a sign saying no cell phones at the entrance
      • Did your interview start on time as scheduled? Or did you have to wait a while for the interview? Mine was an over an hour late but it seems to be a case by case example. People with different officers appeared to have theirs on time
      • Will they take my current foreign passport after the interview? I might have to travel internationally for work and was wondering what can be done if they take my passport. Can I apply for a certain pass to travel (if there is one) or do I have no option but to just wait for the US passport to be issued? They will not keep your passport and during my interview the officer asked if I had any upcoming travel plans in order to schedule oath ceremony around that. However once you have taken the Oath you will be unable to travel until you have a US passport as all US citizen must leave and return to the US with a US passport.
      • Curious if you were approved on the spot or did you have to wait for days/weeks to get your approval? When were you notified that you were approved and when did you get your invite for the Naturalization Oath ceremony? Case by Case. I was approved on the spot but my oath ceremony was a couple of weeks later. I have seen people who have had same day
      • My 751 application is still pending - if my N400 gets approved first, do I still have to worry about my pending 751 application? They will probably do both at the same time
      • Should we prepare for a combo 751 and N400 interview? If so, what are usually the questions asked in a 751 interview? Is it like the conditional gc interview? My removal was done during covid so I did not have an interview and they removed them without one. Sorry i cant be any help here
      • Would appreciate any additional tips you could share in preparation for my interview! I have written about my interview experience on this board. If you search my name or profile you will be able to find it!

I know these are a lot of questions, but I just wanted to prepare for the interview. Want to be 101% prepared.

Thank you so much!
      See red. hope this helps!
      Last edited by okccanary; 01-03-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post

See red. hope this helps!
        Omg thank you!! You always respond with the best information, I appreciate you.

I was paranoid about the documents because it’s going to be a lot if I were to print everything lol. I’ll just bring what they asked for in the letter then. I’m grateful my spouse was able to take an off at work to be with me - huge relief!

Also just curious, how long did you wait for your passport after the oath taking?

Comment

Originally posted by ihaveit29 View Post

Omg thank you!! You always respond with the best information, I appreciate you.

I was paranoid about the documents because it’s going to be a lot if I were to print everything lol. I’ll just bring what they asked for in the letter then. I’m grateful my spouse was able to take an off at work to be with me - huge relief!

Also just curious, how long did you wait for your passport after the oath taking?
          No worries!! Happy to help!!!

Glad your spouse is able to come!!! You guys will do great!!! I'm sure the 751 will be just ticking the boxes like the N400 was for me!!! They may ask you why you are wanting to become a Citizen so quickly. I was never asked that but had an answer just incase. i.e. now that I know I will be living here for the rest of my life I want to be able to fully participate as possible by being able to Vote etc.

My passport took about a month but that was because I did not pay anything to speed it up. I think you can pay to expedite it and that seems to take 2-3 weeks. In case you needed really quick you can pay quite a bit like my sister-in-law and go to one of their offices and they will do it there and then but you can only do that if your travel is within 3 days. Everything you need is here: https://www.usa.gov/passport#item-34927

let me know if you need any help on what stuff to do once you become a citizen!

Good luck and you will do great!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X