Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mailing address when simultaneously applying for OCI and Surrender Certificate in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailing address when simultaneously applying for OCI and Surrender Certificate in NY

Hi everyone,
    According to information on the website of the Indian consulate in New York, it is possible to apply for both OCI and surrender certificate together. However, it's not clear which address to use in this case.

If applying for surrender certificate only, the address is: Renunciation Cell, Consulate General of India. If applying for OCI only, the address is The OCI Cell, Consulate General of India.

Does anyone know what address to use if applying together?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by ocd2010 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    According to information on the website of the Indian consulate in New York, it is possible to apply for both OCI and surrender certificate together. However, it's not clear which address to use in this case.

If applying for surrender certificate only, the address is: Renunciation Cell, Consulate General of India. If applying for OCI only, the address is The OCI Cell, Consulate General of India.

Does anyone know what address to use if applying together?

Thanks in advance!
    I have the exact same question.... Which address should I use for the NY Consulate when sending the renunciation form along with the OCI documentation? Can someone advise??

I assume it would be the "Renunciation Cell" address because the passport would need to be canceled first. And then hope that the renunciation folks diligently make 2 copies of the canceled Indian passport and pass it along to the OCI folks... is that how this works?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X