Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can greencard sponsored parent get US citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can greencard sponsored parent get US citizenship?

Hello,

My wife and myself just got done getting a green card for her mother all by ourselves. We are trying to understand if her mother will be eligible to become a us citizen. After reading online, it sounds like after 5 years she should be eligible. Is this correct? Also, she doesn't speak english at all. My understanding is she needs to be able to communicate and also pass the naturalization test (english and civics portion). Any help is greatly appreciated​

Yes, your mother-in-law can apply for U.S. citizenship after 5 years of having a green card. However, she will need to:
    1. English Proficiency: Demonstrate basic English skills, though there are exceptions for older applicants.
    2. Civics Test: Pass a test on U.S. history and government.

If she is over 50 and has been a permanent resident for 20 years, or over 55 and has been a permanent resident for 15 years, she may be exempt from the English requirement.

For further assistance, you might find helpful information on citizenship processes at https://thenigerialawyer.com/immigra...s-and-reviews/​.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X