I-130/I-485 interview rescheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130/I-485 interview rescheduling

My wife and I are currently at the "initial review" stage of our i-130/i-485 application and have already done the biometrics. We assume that the interview should be scheduled within the next couple months. I am scheduled to ship out to bootcamp for 9 weeks starting 5/31 and we would like to know if it would be possible to reschedule the interview for a date after I return (if it is scheduled during the time I am away)? Will rescheduling affect our case or bias the interviewer towards a certain decision? If rescheduling is not possible should my wife should just attend the interview alone (or with a member of my family)? Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you deal with it?

Thanks in advance for any help...

we have the same problem, and my husband goes to work in the woods for like the whole summer without any days off and he is saying that writting a letter from the boss is going to be fine and enough to reschedule the interview but i dont think so because its not an emergency case.
    if you have any answers please let me know too. thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=thejohnstonlees;236534]My wife and I are currently at the "initial review" stage of our i-130/i-485 application and have already done the biometrics. We assume that the interview should be scheduled within the next couple months. I am scheduled to ship out to bootcamp for 9 weeks starting 5/31 and we would like to know if it would be possible to reschedule the interview for a date after I return (if it is scheduled during the time I am away)? Will rescheduling affect our case or bias the interviewer towards a certain decision? If rescheduling is not possible should my wife should just attend the interview alone (or with a member of my family)? Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you deal with it?

Thanks in advance for any help...[/QUOTE

Of course, you can reschedule your interview! Just call for an infoPass ( free appointment at your local Office) talk to them and see what the option and what they want you to submit as reason to reschedule. The only consequence that I know from rescheduling is: It may delay the process in time only. For example, they may reschedule you for another two months or more again! Good luck and hope that will help you.
      Please: are you both you and your wife have a same application or what, what type? I am just asking because you saying if she can go for interview by herself or with family member. I did not get it , sorry for not giving you a suggestion.
      Last edited by freecontributor; 05-19-2011, 11:18 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X