Form n-400 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form n-400 questions

I have a some questions which I have looked all over the USCIS website and in the "Guide to Naturalization" that I have not been able to find the answer to. I have called the 1800 # as well but there is no option to speak to a representative.

My questions are as follows:
    1)How should an applicant count his/her days outside the United States (for Part 7 section C)? The only documents that I have to verify are on my passports. On my passport, I have the entry stamp dates of the countries I have visited and the entry date stamps that I have reentered the United States. Is this information authenticate to verify that I have not spent more than 180 days outside the United States for each trip?

2)In the time I have spent in the United States, I have taken about 5 trips outside the United States that have lasted less than 180 days (for each trip). So do I qualify for the continuous resident requirement and the physical resident requirement apply for citizenship, correct?

3)What is the current requirement for "physical presence" in the United States? I read in the Guide for Naturalization (M-476) that generally you must be physically present in the United States for a certain number of months in order to be eligible for naturalization.

Any lawyer or anybody that has recent experience could help me that would be great.
    Your assistance is appreciated
    Thanks!

Originally posted by bulls2020 View Post
    I have a some questions which I have looked all over the USCIS website and in the "Guide to Naturalization" that I have not been able to find the answer to. I have called the 1800 # as well but there is no option to speak to a representative.

My questions are as follows:
    1)How should an applicant count his/her days outside the United States (for Part 7 section C)? The only documents that I have to verify are on my passports. On my passport, I have the entry stamp dates of the countries I have visited and the entry date stamps that I have reentered the United States. Is this information authenticate to verify that I have not spent more than 180 days outside the United States for each trip?

2)In the time I have spent in the United States, I have taken about 5 trips outside the United States that have lasted less than 180 days (for each trip). So do I qualify for the continuous resident requirement and the physical resident requirement apply for citizenship, correct?

3)What is the current requirement for "physical presence" in the United States? I read in the Guide for Naturalization (M-476) that generally you must be physically present in the United States for a certain number of months in order to be eligible for naturalization.

Any lawyer or anybody that has recent experience could help me that would be great.
    Your assistance is appreciated
    Thanks!
    I assume you are applying on the basis of being a 5-year permanent resident (greencard holder).

(1) Yes, carefully check the stamps in your passport and enter the dates you left and entered the US on the form. For each trip you also need to calculate the days you were out of the US. The rule is that you do not count the days you left and the days you entered the US; e.g., if you left on January 1 and returned on January 10, this will count as 8 days out of the US. During your interview the USCIS officer will check your passport(s) regarding your travel info.

(2) If you do not have a trip that lasted longer than 6 months you do satisfy the continuous residence requirement.

(3) The physical presence requirement is that you have to be physically present in the US for at least 30 months within the last 5 years prior to your application.
    Last edited by nwctzn; 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

i agree with nwctzn

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X