Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship

Hi everyone,
    So my oath ceremony is on the 28th of June and I wanted to find out if you guys had information about getting a passport, how fast you can get one, where, etc? How many people can I take to the ceremony?
    More importantly, I would want to bring my mother in Africa, to the US at some point. Do you guys know how fast that can be done, how it can be done.

I just need some advice. I figured a few of you have been through the process of bring family here after your citizenship and would have some advice of what not to do and all.

Thanks

Originally posted by odooma View Post
    Hi everyone,
    So my oath ceremony is on the 28th of June and I wanted to find out if you guys had information about getting a passport, how fast you can get one, where, etc? How many people can I take to the ceremony?
    More importantly, I would want to bring my mother in Africa, to the US at some point. Do you guys know how fast that can be done, how it can be done.

I just need some advice. I figured a few of you have been through the process of bring family here after your citizenship and would have some advice of what not to do and all.

Thanks
    You can get your passport as soon as you get your Naturalization Certificate which will be given to you at the ceremony! Congratulations.
    For the passport visit your local post office ( United State Post Office only; Not UPS or Fedex) to get information about how to apply for your passport ( regular, expedite or same day passport).
    For your oath ceremony, you can take as many as you want, but it is depend if you will get all your family inside the room! Good luck.
    For your mother, you have to file I-130 ( relative petition) for her first. Since she is an immediate relative, she does not have to wait for visa number to be available, she will have it immediately. The process will take up to six months maximum! You can call US Immigration Services or visit their website online to get the details! You don't need a lawyer, so save your money! Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X