N652 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N652 Question

My Oklahoma City interview experience. I was scheduled for an interview at 9:55. I was so excited that I woke up at 3:33 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I arrived at 9:10 and waited in the parking lot until 9:40. I was called at exactly 9:55 and briskly walked to the interviewer's office and sworn in. She was straight to business without any small talk to make me comfortable. She quickly went through my application, line for line. She had a paper and asked me to verify my name and address and date of birth. I signed that they were correct. She then immediately went through the citizenship test questions. I was asked:
    1. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence? Thomas Jefferson
    2. Name the 2 political parties in the U.S.? Democratic and Republican
    3. Name a state that borders Mexico? Texas
    4. Who is the commander in chief of the military? The President
    5. What is the political party of the President now? Democrat
    6. There were 13 original states. Name 3. New York, New Hampshire and New Jersey
    Then we went to the written portion and she asked me to write:
    Texas borders Mexico and I read:
    The President is the Commander in Chief of the military.
    She said "you passed' and had me sign my application.

She asked me if I had any questions and since I knew there was an oath ceremony this Friday, I asked if I can be included. She said no but you will be notified of an oath date.

She stood up and went to the door. I was expecting more discussions or something as it felt like the interview was still on. She turned back to me and said, "I'll walk you out". My interview results letter and green card were on the desk and she asked me to pick them up. As we walked out, I noticed the clock read exactly 10:00 meaning the whole process took 5 minutes!!

Now my question is, did anyone get a results letter (N652) that had the box marked "a decision cannot yet be made about your application" and every box under that is checked. Now I also realize this was already printed with the date and my A-number and her pen marks were red on the portions of passing the test and then the decision box also marked in red.

Has anyone else had this type of experience? I am worried. Should I not be?

Thanks!!
    Kenya

I think you should be fine since she said that you will be notified of an oath date. Wait a week or two and if you do not hear back either call their 1-800 number or schedule an infopass appointment. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by itareis View Post
      My Oklahoma City interview experience. I was scheduled for an interview at 9:55. I was so excited that I woke up at 3:33 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I arrived at 9:10 and waited in the parking lot until 9:40. I was called at exactly 9:55 and briskly walked to the interviewer's office and sworn in. She was straight to business without any small talk to make me comfortable. She quickly went through my application, line for line. She had a paper and asked me to verify my name and address and date of birth. I signed that they were correct. She then immediately went through the citizenship test questions. I was asked:
      1. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence? Thomas Jefferson
      2. Name the 2 political parties in the U.S.? Democratic and Republican
      3. Name a state that borders Mexico? Texas
      4. Who is the commander in chief of the military? The President
      5. What is the political party of the President now? Democrat
      6. There were 13 original states. Name 3. New York, New Hampshire and New Jersey
      Then we went to the written portion and she asked me to write:
      Texas borders Mexico and I read:
      The President is the Commander in Chief of the military.
      She said "you passed' and had me sign my application.

She asked me if I had any questions and since I knew there was an oath ceremony this Friday, I asked if I can be included. She said no but you will be notified of an oath date.

She stood up and went to the door. I was expecting more discussions or something as it felt like the interview was still on. She turned back to me and said, "I'll walk you out". My interview results letter and green card were on the desk and she asked me to pick them up. As we walked out, I noticed the clock read exactly 10:00 meaning the whole process took 5 minutes!!

Now my question is, did anyone get a results letter (N652) that had the box marked "a decision cannot yet be made about your application" and every box under that is checked. Now I also realize this was already printed with the date and my A-number and her pen marks were red on the portions of passing the test and then the decision box also marked in red.

Has anyone else had this type of experience? I am worried. Should I not be?

Thanks!!
      Kenya
      Take from a week to 45 days to receive the oath letter. If she didn't ask you for additional docs, then you should be fine. She Maybe just needed her supervisor to approve it.

However if its 30 days past your interview date, then I would make an infopass and check on it.

regards,
      poisontee
      Disclaimer:Not legal advise! Use at your own risk.
      N-400 Timeline San Antonio Office
      06/07/2009 - Sent Application
      06/10/2009 - Delivered.
      06/12/2009 - Check Cashed
      06/19/2009 - Rec NOA
      06/22/2009 - Rec Biometrics Appt Letter
      07/02/2009 - Biometrics Appt
      07/13/2009 - Rec Interview Letter Appt
      08/24/2009 - Interview Date
      10/13/2009 - Rec Oath Appt Letter
      10/22/2009 - Oath Ceremony
      10/26/2009- Passport App