Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 early filing question

Hi,

I have been a permanent resident for more than 10 years. I was able to keep my status safe with frequent travels to US. I moved to US permanently in June 22, 2007.

My question is, does 90-days early filing apply for "continous residency" in my case? Can I apply for naturalization 90 days before June 22, 2012 ?

Early filing is usually mentioned for the date one becomes a permanent resident.

I am sure this question was asked before but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

Originally posted by sinanbjk View Post
    Hi,

I have been a permanent resident for more than 10 years. I was able to keep my status safe with frequent travels to US. I moved to US permanently in June 22, 2007.

My question is, does 90-days early filing apply for "continous residency" in my case? Can I apply for naturalization 90 days before June 22, 2012 ?

Early filing is usually mentioned for the date one becomes a permanent resident.

I am sure this question was asked before but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks
    As far as I know, you are eligible to file today assuming you meet the physical presence (at least 30 months physically in the US for the last five years) and continuous residence (no single trip longer than 6 months within the last 5 years) requirements. Your last entry after your long absence was 06/22/2007. So I think you can safely assume that your residency clock was reset at that time and the rules which apply to a person who became a resident on 06/22/2007 apply to you as well.

I am not a lawyer and this is just my personal opinion.

--
    Last edited by nwctzn; 05-03-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Thank you. so this is a big relief

I've already applied, given the fingerprints and waiting for the interview to be scheduled.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by sinanbjk View Post
        Thank you. so this is a big relief

I've already applied, given the fingerprints and waiting for the interview to be scheduled.

Thanks again!
        No problem. And BTW, congrats, BJK won 1:0 over FB today

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X