Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was born in the Philippines just before the Mount Pinatubo Incident and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was born in the Philippines just before the Mount Pinatubo Incident and...

I need to know where my citizenship stands.
    I am currently twenty four years old residing in the United States. I was born to a US born citizen father who was also a member of the Marines prior and the Air Force during his stay in the Philippines. I was born to my eighteen year old mother out of wedlock but they were subsequently married right after.

Long story short, until I am called upon to elaborate, certain papers were not drawn up or made while I was in the Philippines or were lost when the volcano erupted, namely my Consular Report of Birth Abroad. My dad was not made to make these papers by the Air Force at the time, or if he was, they have no record of making him do so nor do they have documents on file in the Air Force.

On my arrival into the US per the evacuation, and according to a lawyer consulting us, a file was drawn up to begin the process of finalizing my citizenship or having proof of it but was never finished for whatever reason. This led to me never being given a proper SSN. Fast forward to today. I am unable to get a job. I am unable to obtain proper ID. I am unable to do anything a normal citizen or permanent resident is able to do. The lawyer is taking too long with my case and I need to know where I stand and what I can do. If an expert can help me on this, it would be much appreciated. I have been searching for other victims of the eruption but to no avail for the past eight months.
    You can contact me through my ******** page if you so desire.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X