Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 to H1B. Waiting for final approval decision. Can I travale

Hello,
    I am under a J1 Visa and I am waiting for a Change of Status to H1B sponsored by my employer.
    I am in the last stages of the process, waiting for the final approval which should arrive in the next 5-7 days. Then I will have to wait for the I-797 (which they say can take up to 7-15 business days).
    My question is the following.
    Provided that they approve my H1B, can I travel abroad while waiting for the I-797? I am going to Italy for Christmas holidays for one week and it is likely that the I-797 will be ready while I am abroad or just back in the US.
    Thank you.

Your experience

Hi,
    Please let me know what happened with your travel during J1 to H1B visa conversion. I am in the same situation.

Thanks
    SRA

Comment

I am also under J1. Just found a H1b employer

I am also under one year J1 program. Just found a H1b but a different employer for next year in continuation of current program. WIll I have to leave J1 position with immediate effect to even start my H1b application. What prob will I have in processing H1b from US. Do I need to go to my home country to start the process? Can U tell me the procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by montq View Post
        I am also under one year J1 program. Just found a H1b but a different employer for next year in continuation of current program. WIll I have to leave J1 position with immediate effect to even start my H1b application. What prob will I have in processing H1b from US. Do I need to go to my home country to start the process? Can U tell me the procedure?
        First you need to apply for J1 visa waiver. After waiver approval you can start applying for H1 B visa. You don't need / have to go back to home country for this process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X