Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A baby on J1,J2 visas

Good day, evening or morning.

We are Russian citizens. My husband has a job offer for 3 years. They will help us to apply for J1, J2 visas. The job is going to start on 1 Jan 2014.
    We would like to have a baby in a near future. So several questions arise:

1) Could the absence of children (we are in our late twenties) be a reason for rejection of our visa applications?
    2) Can we include our still unborn baby in the application if we decide to have a baby before moving to the US?
    3) Can the pregnancy lead to the cancellation of J2 visa if it happens after our moving to the US?

We are not interested in the us citizenship. We are worried that we will not be able to make a visa for our baby in time if we decide to have a baby now.

I would very appreciate any information.
    Last edited by Mumrik; 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM.

Originally posted by Mumrik View Post
    Good day, evening or morning.

We are Russian citizens. My husband has a job offer for 3 years. They will help us to apply for J1, J2 visas. The job is going to start on 1 Jan 2014.
    We would like to have a baby in a near future. So several questions arises:

1) Could the absence of children (we are in our late twenties) be a reason to reject our visa applications? --No
    2) Can we include our still unborn baby in the application if we decide to have a baby before moving to the US? -- No, but you can apply J2 Visa for the child before you travel. (Same procedure, interview not needed for the child)
    3) Can the pregnancy lead to the cancellation of J2 visa if it happens after our moving to the US? -- No

We are not interested in the us citizenship. We are worried that we will not be able to make a visa for our baby in time if we decide to have a baby now.

I would very appreciate any information.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      See above.
      Thank you very much. The problem is that we will apply for the visa outside of the home country. Hence in one month we will need to apply for a passport for the baby and apply for a visa after that. I have read that an interview for a child is compulsory. The queue for an interview is very long.
      Last edited by Mumrik; 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X